Sign in to follow this  
F117NightHawk

Other Aircraft Used by Dhimar

What other aircraft would Dhimar have used against Paran. I'm trying to mod the stock campaigns so that Dhimar has a more USAF independent air force. I'm already thinking about various Mirages.

I would go with a mix of US and French planes. prob a similar mix to what Israel used through the years.

SPAD XIII????

ducks and runs --- very fast!!

:lol:

Mirages would be a good one and Hawker Hunters another... or even throw in a Squadron of Mig's the Chinese kind... to really make it interesting... as this has happened before ala Pakistan vs India...

I recently modded the 1966 campaign like this:

No regular US forces.

Two squadrons of Mercs, one with F-100, one with A-4Bs

Royal Dhimari Air Force (RDhAF) with:

1 squadron of F-100Cs

2 squadrons of Hunter F.6s

2 squadrons of A-1Hs

1 squadron of Vampires

1 squadron of B-26 Invaders

Plus french "force Lavedure" with Mirage IIICs :D

The US stuff is to have come from recent US military assistance

The Paranis were cut to 2 squadrons of MiG-21s (Fs and PFMs), 6 squadrons of MiG-17s (one with PF) and one each of Il-28 and Su-7BMK

with one iraqui Hunter squadron and one algerian MiG-21 squadron

I am considering to give the Dhimaris iranian assistance in form of F-5As, F-86s or F-84s

50s to early 60s an insane amount of US WW2 birds would be available from second and third hand users. 60s to early 70s Sabres and F-84s from the same( i mean even Yugoslavia was flyin the Thunderjet) post 60s the US put alot of rules on how their donated/sold aircraft were to be disposed of. Post 70s if you wanted to be US independent then you want to go French or British. (not having SF2 just everything else) i ask was Dhimar originally a British protectorate like Suadi Arabia or Oman? if so then you want to go with British kit(Saudi/Kuwaiti Lighnings, Saudi Tornados) you could also go with Soviet aircraft and western weapons (ala Finland)