Sign in to follow this  
Centurion-1

Terrain Editor autotile crash

Hi

I'm tryin my hand at terrain making for SF2 and have gotten so far as i have my selected terrain imported from DEMs, and all is well. I have created a custom textureset, so far only compromised of three basic texture types, sea, shrubland and mountain. There are no transition tiles yet either. SO now i want to autotile to get seat at the right places et cetera, but terrain editor always crashes when i do that. The terrain also crashes when i try to paint bucket fill my terrain with the sea texture, so I'm thinking it's related to that. My sea texture is just a normal 256x256 bmp, no fancypants stuff. TE refuses to open tgas, it seems?

Hope someone can help.. Thanks!

Correct, TE wants BMP files so just convert from TGA to BMP.

You have water=1 for the water tile type right? Post that part of your texturelist.ini and let's see if we can find anything.

In the knowledgebase is a tutorial for terrain making.

You really need to make transition tiles, if only as place holders... TE is a finicky beast at best. Save often, save some more...

ALWAYS start with a full tile set. You must have EVERYTHING the terrain is going to need all setup and ready to go.

And like Major Lee said ... save often ... and even more often!

Ok, thanks guys for the reply, it seems i need to work some on the tileset first then :)

I was wondering though, why does the texture map list not update when you open a stock texture list? I don't get it... It would be usefuly to have a stock as a template... Dont get it.