Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Grider Pirate

Hey guys, I'm back!

Just arrived back from beautiful CFB Comox, where I spent the previous six weeks with the Air Cadets, learning to fly! Almost ten hours total time (three and a half solo) under my belt on the Schweitzer 2-33A now, and I can't wait to get more. The best part is, I'm only a corporal in our squadron, but since I've got my wings pinned on proudly, whenever it comes to talking about flying, I'm the authority! Sort of.

Anyways, I have a week of free time before I start my AME course at the college here, so I've dusted off the joystick and pedals for some fun on SF2. What's the Phantom's best glide ratio again?

PS- has anybody figured out how to plunk the SFP1 desert map in SF2? I know you have to change a few things in the .inis, (thanks, KB!) but I haven't had any luck in actually getting it to run yet.

the desert map is stock in SF2 (no suffix letter)

keep up the work -- keep flying!

Sorry, SF2:V. Just found the rest of what I need in the KB, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. And thanks!

Errr Gliding the old Phantom... tried it once and had to go for the E Ride out... Glides like a brick in other words STRAIGHT DOWN... :drinks:

The glide ratio of the Phantom is about equal to a heavily varnished brick!! :lol:

yeah, that's about right. Doesn't sideslip quite the same as a 2-33 either, but on final, set the attitude and modify your airspeed with speedbrakes, and my landings have significantly improved! The flare is just a little different...