Sign in to follow this  
Olham

"Aces High" and "Death Dealer"

Gentlemen...you have already surpassed my mere passing knowledge of Art.... sadly, I cannot claim to know sweet f*ck all about the subject...and would have even less chance of finding any information about Lady Butler.

I just know a good picture when I see it...provided it's something that triggers an emotion within...after all, surely that is what art is all about?

Sadly, I'm an uncouth philistine by my own admission....and were we to be discussing this in an Art Gallery...I would have drunk all the free champagne....eaten the nick naks....and been thrown out in the rain!...to get a bus home! :lol:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Gentlemen...you have already surpassed my mere passing knowledge of Art.... sadly, I cannot claim to know sweet f*ck all about the subject...and would have even less chance of finding any information about Lady Butler.

I just know a good picture when I see it...provided it's something that triggers an emotion within...after all, surely that is what art is all about?

Sadly, I'm an uncouth philistine by my own admission....and were we to be discussing this in an Art Gallery...I would have drunk all the free champagne....eaten the nick naks....and been thrown out in the rain!...to get a bus home! :lol:

And did you notice the roundels :grin:

And did you notice the roundels :grin:

Well, she had a whizzo pair of Jugs...if thats what you mean? :lol:

hee, hee....just as long as one appreciates art. How that's done is up to the individual.

"OH YEAH! Well I've been thrown out of WAAAAAAY better art galleries than this one buddy! Hell, I was bounced from the Louvre for sayin' Monet didn't impress me much, so just watch out who yer callin' uncouth!"

Well, she had a whizzo pair of Jugs...

Or, as the rascally Harry Flashman might say: "Nicely titted out". Are we off topic yet?

If not..we're certainly headed that way!!! :lol:

.Hauksbee, I imagine that you and Widowmaker, (and other Lady Butler fans as well), are likely already aware that the works she wrote and illustrated are in the public domain and available online to download:

No, you have caught me totally unawares. This is great stuff. I'll bookmark the lot and go through it all again in greater detail. Thanks much, RAF_Lou.