Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

Campaign places Squadrons randomly on Airfields

I am just about to finish the transfer of terrains for Operation Isbjörn, and notices that the Squadrons does not seem to stay on the same Airbase. Instead, they move around as they please. Now, I would not mind this in the middle of the campaign once in a while, but I would apprechiate if they at least start where I chose - something they seldom do right now.

I have checked the tooltips, and cannot find anything that is "obviously" the error.

How do I make them "stay put" until a relocation actually is necessary (like AB Overrun)

Edited by JonathanRL

Try adding the line ’BaseMoveChance=0’ under ‘BaseArea=’. If the entry is already there, check its value. It should be zero.

If it's a small airbase, perhaps there are too many squadrons based there? If I remember right, there is a limit to the amount of squadrons you can assign to an airfield, and that can cause all sorts of weird things to happen in game.

Viggen: Thanks, ill look into that. However, the terrain is filled with big airfields, and none has more then two squadrons.

Blade: Thanks, Ill try that too :)

Blades trick worked just fine. Thanks!

Edited by JonathanRL

allowed number of squadrons:

runway 3 (the dirt one) = 1

Runway 2 (small medium, semi-paved) = 1

Runway 1,5,6 (standard mediums) = 3

Runway 4 (the large, 2crossing runways) = 6