Hi all,

I was wondering if SF2 models bullet ricochet on all stock guns, and not just some 3rd party guns. I was playing around with Wrench's updated MiG-15UTI earlier and discovered that at certain angles shooting at certain things, you could get the little 12.7MM rounds from the training Dshk to ricochet. Do other guns do the same thing? Thanks! liamp51

post-56132-0-47647600-1320116953.jpg

That's not a ricochet. Those are the sparks from the "ground bullet hit effect". Notice that they don't match the tracers.

That's not a ricochet. Those are the sparks from the "ground bullet hit effect". Notice that they don't match the tracers.

Oh, doh, my bad. I see. pardon.gif Sorry!

yes, these are sparks I was trying to fake the effect with but

1) AFAIK we don't have sort of "emitterchance=" so far so the "ricochet" would be allways or never (correct me here Fubar)

2) every guntype would require own ground hit effect, own bulletobject.ini entry etc -days days of writing, big chances of screwing something in the lines, and above all (point 1) wouldn't be believable effect

too much time flying RiseOf... eh?:grin:

Well, IL-2 actually :rofl: There's a good bullet ricochet mod for IL-2 IIRC. And yes, it would also probably not be noticed by enough people to make it worth it. Cool effect anyway! :drinks: