Sign in to follow this  
Guest Punxatawney

Low-FPS issues

Guest Punxatawney

Hello!

I installed the Strike Fighters-series a couple of weeks ago and has been enjoying it to the fullest until a few days ago when I started experiencing low-fps

and general studdering inside the game. I rebooted the computer, hoping that the issues were going to disappear but they still were there. I started wondering

if it has anything to do with my computer and started several others games, including IL2: 1946-series which I could play on excellent graphics without any problems

at all.

So, the basic question is: Does anyone know what's wrong? I play the game on medium graphics at the moment and all though I like it, I still want everything out of it.

Thanks in advance

/Punx

Have you installed any 3rd party Aircraft or terrains with large (HI-RES) textures? Also on some missions the game will load a large amount (I've had 16 +) of aircraft ,like in a strike misson,not counting the enemy aircraft, slowes the fps alot.

Hello!

I installed the Strike Fighters-series a couple of weeks ago and has been enjoying it to the fullest until a few days ago when I started experiencing low-fps

and general studdering inside the game. I rebooted the computer, hoping that the issues were going to disappear but they still were there. I started wondering

if it has anything to do with my computer and started several others games, including IL2: 1946-series which I could play on excellent graphics without any problems

at all.

So, the basic question is: Does anyone know what's wrong? I play the game on medium graphics at the moment and all though I like it, I still want everything out of it.

Thanks in advance

/Punx

Patch level? Which one? etc. If you're running older versions I can see but right now I'm having very good FPS so not sure...

Another thing is your OS. I ran SF2 on XP for years. Up to last years round of patch levels. With the new patches, TK added some graphics updates that slowed my game to a slideshow. I bought a whole new rig with Win 7 and better gear. Problem solved.

Guest Punxatawney

I have it installed up to Expansion Pack 2 and all the Swedish thirdparty planes installed and the map of Sweden.

But my rig is also nearly five years old so I might as well be that too. But as I said earlier I can play IL2 without a problem

and it has some more demanding graphics imo. But I guess I just have to go shopping for another rig if this doesn't get solved.

And to avoid spamming the forum with dumb question I have some further questions here.

1. Is it possible to change the intensity of missions you fly during a campaign? I want to get the

feeling of flying combat-sorties daily but with the mission dates sometimes a whole week apart

it's hard to get that feeling.

2. Are there any ways to randomize the number of enemies inside the game so for example doing

a combat air patrol without meeting any enemies at all.

Kind Regards

/Punx

1. Single Mission with EXP2

2. Get EXP2

And if your rig is five years old... then yeah go with STORM's suggestion, upgrade or if fiscally possible, get a new rig, it helps for a lot of things down the road.

I have noticed some frame rate issues on my modest but less than one year old Win7 rig. I have SF-2 with the Sept/11 patch but first noticed the frame rate reduction on the previous patch. I only have dial-up internet so the drivers don't get updated very often which may be the problem. :dntknw:

I've built a few systems for people I know who have wanted to run Strike Fighters. So far i've found based on a fully merged install including EXP2 (as this gives multi core support). Something like a quad core phenom 2 in a decent motherboard with 4gb ddr3 ram will run a lightly modified game upto resolutions of 1920x1080 @ 60fps.

However I have a very heavily modified game and i've just got my system to maintain 60fps in any given situation on unlimited settings, thats using a Intel 2700k cpu overclocked to 5.2ghz in a high end P67 motherboard.

I'm still suprised how much cpu usage it takes to get smooth framerates in modified installs with heavily populated terrains,