Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

How Far We've Come

Hi Gents!

I was reading through the old flight simulator reviews on SimHQ and came across this little gem from 2006. It's a review of Phase 1 of OFF. It features some fantastic screen shots of the old menu system as well as some in flight pictures too. My, how far the Devs have taken us since the beginning, eh? If you haven't seen it, or you came into OFF after Phase 1's initial release, this will give you an idea of where it all started.

http://www.simhq.com/_air5/air_172a.html

air_172a_013.jpg

Compare that with their review of OFF HiTR and you'll see just how many miles they've moved the development of this wonderful sim in such a relatively short period of time.

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_445a.html

air_445a_004.jpg

Very interesting, thanks for posting this. I started from P3, so I don't know much about the previous phases. Yes, we've come really far!

Thanks for posting, Captain - I did not know P1 - I came to OFF at the end of Phase 2, with the release of P3 in sight.

I have some Phase one screenshots...I'll post them later :)

How time flies.

Phase 1 was great, but for me, Phase 2 was a bigger step up. I flew a lot of multiplayer with the Boys of 60 squadron, and MAW multiplayer too.

Due to work changing activities, and getting my dog, I suddenly couldn't find the time to commit to a regular multiplayer slot. That same dog will be 4 this Christmas!!!

Where has all the time gone?

You've all seen this before... Happy days...

yikes....4 yrs counts as retro.....great look back...thanks

Aaah, now I feel young - cause I can say: this was before my time! :grin:

Aaah, now I feel young - cause I can say: this was before my time! :grin:

Heheh, me too :). Yup, OBD has really come a long way.

Now I feel really old having joined the OFF era at the beginning of Phase One, after coming over from Red Baron 3D, which I went to after flying Red Baron (one) for years.

Beard

We MUST all be quite old, BurningBeard - after all, we're flying in the Great War!

And we don't even know, that in a later time, this war will even get numbered as World War One.

Edited by Olham

The old lurker finds a good reason to post.bye.gif

Well, I am proud to say I was there when P1 came out (bumped into it by chance on the internet) and stuck until HitR. Not enough time to fly it lately but I always remember that it was OFF which got me to know a lot of wonderful people and fly with the Boys of 60 (still doing that actually, and we do miss you Flyby).

To Winder, Pol and the rest of the fine crew, good luck with P4, really looking forward to its release. Thank you for all you have done so far.Salute.gif