Sign in to follow this  
Stary

After installing BF3 Skyrim no longer starts

The STALKER games are great, and I'm sure with mods like the Complete ones I'll be replaying them for years to come. Too bad the best one story-wise was the first as the later ones have lots of improvements but a far weaker story.

Call of Prypiat wasn't bad too IMO... I really really like the combat in the series, with quite smart AI, good guns handling etc.

I'd like it to be even more otherwordly odd and "alien" or "evil" in mood, more towards "hell broke loose" type of storyline

soo... after reinstalling Dx and MS VB ncluded with TESV, then after small update made by Steam (too small to be patch) Skyrim works again. I still can't guess what was the reason behind the odd behaviour. Still angry at Steam though.

Oh, and reinstalled Staker SOC, will check latest version of artistpavel's Complete with it :drinks:

Did you notice that after the patch TESV.exe can't be launched without Steam anymore?

haven't noticed :blink: was it possible to do so before anyway? I has playing briefly using the mentioned cracked version, but later reverted and patched via Steam, so haven't even tried that

Used to be possible, but now they patched the DRM in :) Even those who turned off the autoupdates got patched.

without users knowledge... another "nice" touch from Valve