Polovski

* * PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE 1 ! * *

The "Ha" was self mockery. I wouldn't expect any such thing. But you are right that they are pulled in too many directions. I wouldn't be suprised if they wear name tags at home so their families will know who they are. :blink:

Hellshade

WTF?!? .... how did you know that???

Thanks Shred,

that looks much better.

Elephant, thanks mate.. I have real player but for some reason I have lost the little drop down bar that comes up when you hover over a youtube video allowing me to download. I think I'll have a go at reinstalling RP and see how I go.

the movie looked great in low res but Hi res its something else altogether, cant wait to get my hands on this one..

regards Rob.

Hiya Cappy... good to see you around. :) Hope all is well with you.

Merry Christmas!

James

"OvS"

Just taking a few days off for Christmas at last, no more movies yet!

All the best for Christmas and New Year guys

"Gemütliche Weihnachten" with the ones you love, OvS and Pol - enjoy some well deserved days off (and I mean "off" - not "OFF"!) :grin:

PS: ...that was for Winder, Shredward, RexHannover, Paarma, Sandbagger, Makai and all other devels too, of course.

Edited by Olham

Can I ask what you're using for TrackIR Pol?

I'm very impressed with how smooth the image pans, and when I see this, I don't remember being able to look around quite this far. (My TrackIR is off line currently to check). From memory, you seem to have an extra 5 or 10 degrees of pan.

What are you using Pol? Something top of the range or do I just have my own trackIR badly zeroed in?

post-45899-0-89733500-1325240941.jpg

Flypc?...I don't know if this helps at all...but I have Trackir 3.... and it has never really been fantastic for quite a while....just not working right...But it is now perfect!....how?.....

a) I cleaned the lens!...amazing how a thumb print can screw it!

b) Started using the TrackIR 5 software (yes, it now works with TR3...don't know which you have?)

c) used the RoF profile

now works like new!...

HTH

UK.....where can I grab the RoF profile....Olham sent me one I liked but I lost it.....thanks!

UK.....where can I grab the RoF profile....Olham sent me one I liked but I lost it.....thanks!

It's already in the TrackIR 5 software m8

Lol thanks Olham.

Re TrackIR - I have TIR4 and the trackir clip pro which is on the left of my headset. The TIR4 unit is 115mm to my left on the top of the monitor pointing at my left ear :).

Software is v5.1.3 TrackIR 5.

Not sure my profile is great for you but I can upload it.

Pol OFF TrackIR Profile.zip

Thanks fellas.

Did some mucking around and think I've nailed it.

When I was looking around in trackIR on default settings, occassionally one or two of my three green signals would turn red, and my 'panning' would become jerky.

I found out the TrackIR5 software under 'Camera' lets you adjust the light filter threshold. Reduce the number, and your sensor reacts to less light, and thus your green signals strengthen. With this better continuity your tracking motion is much smoother. I presume this lower light threshold will make your setup more vulnerable to interference from undesired light sources, but it's currently working well for me.

I do get the full pan, but when I don't , it's my reflectors which need attention...

yeah, I only just installed the new softwarwe..looks great...and fair play to the TrackIR guys...I never thought I would see it for TR3...well done to them! :drinks:

Yep. I just saw this for the first time today. And have watched it three times since.

If I could draw a South Park character of my likeness like Lou and Olham, there'd be another one just like it right here. Use your imaginations!

The idea of tracking AI pilots and aircraft repairs is what really knocked me on my ass. This is going to take me right back to my glorious RB3D days. I need to get back in the cockpit and finish off my RAF campaign now that I have a new computer that will run P3 better than ever, and P4 to boot.

I can't wait to see more of P4 (or are we calling it OFF 2 now?). It's easily my most anticipated game/sim/time machine of the year.

Thanks for your TrackIR profile, Pol - I'll check it out tomorrow.

Here is my profile, Flyby - throw it into here:

Programs > NaturalPoint > TrackIR5 > profiles

Had to watch the video again (as there are no new ones - hint! Hint!) - the map is really looking great now.

I have no idea what takes such a long time...but, when you see the results...it becomes a bit more obvious :drinks:

From over 30 years of self-employment I know one thing for sure: it takes always longer to make something REALLY good.

I have to admit that I haven't been following this thread very closely (ok, not at all for a while...once they get to four or five pages threads usually head off on a tangent or they start repeating themselves...repeating themselves...repeating themselves), but I'm glad I checked back in. I like those maps. From what can be seen that will make navigation without the radar screen very easy and very natural...as in, like I would assume it was back then. That is exactly what I've wanted to see. Many, many kudos. :good:

***edit

to Widowmaker...In my experience, doing something really well always takes longer. But if one rushes, the finished product is always regretted sooner.

to the devs...Sorry if this was covered earlier, but will that map be printable? It looks like Rabu's map. Is there more to it than that? I already have that printed, but as I recall, that doesn't cover the whole front. If that's the case, can we expect the southern areas to be covered as well?

Edited by von Baur