Polovski

* * PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE 1 ! * *

Everything is being overhauled - its a new game out there.....in more ways than one.

The AI code is fully rebuilt from scratch - by Rex.

In a 10 min movie its hard to show everything we wanted and also give a good impression of what the AI are doing now in sim - Pol has done an excellent job!

But there is so much to cover that the 10 mins is not enough by a long shot.... - we will post more as we go!

WM

Indeed WM....there is a limit to what can be shown on a Video...but what it clearly DOES show...Is the fact that p4 is about to blow the competition CLEAN out of the water!!!

But out of all of it, I must say the thing that caught my attention most was how beautiful the flying skills of the DR 1 pilot was even when so close to the ground. Just jaw droppingly beautiful gentleman. That alone will be worth the price of admission.

+ + +

Watching the way the DR1 can "float" and control a potential stall so low to the ground leads me to believe that the Allies are going to be in for a nasty surprise when they encounter a DR1 doing a flat turn for the first time. OH PLEASE say it's so.

plug_nickel

No one has mentioned this yet - but I'm totally digging the new OBD Software animation - the phonograph and the dog are fantastic! I love it!rofl.gif

Gets better every time I watch it! Oh boy, is Lou in for a treat when he gets back off the road...

Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Hahaha...yer...I can't wait to read Lou's comments! :rofl:

Another detail I spotted...the Aircrew dont look like total Dorks anymore!

But everyone is equipped with British helmet-goggles combo... :blink:

I would like to see German crash helmets (especially for the multiseater crews) and goggles, as well...

Did I see a head turn on one of the shots....pilot/observer? It was so fragmentary.......I'm no doubt wrong....but wouldn't that be a nice touch. However helmeted, our AI planes are piloted/observed by cigar store Indians. No big deal really but a head turn w/ the gun or passing plane.....twould be a fine touch!

Now I believe in magic. To turn CFS3 into this can be nothing less than magic. Absolute genius.

Edited by tranquillo

gaw, as far as I could see, P3 already has subtle head turn (30° ?) left and right. But maybe more is possible?

German crew (and Brit too) vary, some have the crash helmets. Rumpler crew you can maybe make out.

Wow! Stunning! Bloody marvelous!

Great work, guys! The planes, the clouds, the terrain--everything is just great! You should consider sending a complimentary copy to (what's his name) Peter Jacobson? of the Lord of the Rings trilogy--just to inspire him to finally make his WWi epic--or hire you guys for his artwork on said movie. Some of the scenes are just cinematic--seriously!

Besides the artistry, I also love the announced AI changes and the changes to the manager interface.

P4 is gonna rock! :pilotfly:

Did anyone else notice all the new options in the Quick Combat manager?

Flights can have at least 10 planes each, instead of 6.

Plus, choose Top Cover flights of a different type of aircraft for both side. That's a total of 4 possible flights at 10 planes each. 40 planes in the sky on demand! So you can now attack bombers that have high cover in a QC! Fantastic!

Season, Ground Cover, Weather Override, Region and Location are all selectable in QC now! Not to mention the incredibly professional look of it all. Kudos to the Devs for not forgetting QC!

In the RB II/3D days I used to design such missions but had to use the mission builder. I used to do 2 flights of 6 per side in a sort of "big quick combat" mode. I'm glad to see this sort of thing will be coming as quick combat to OFF P4.

• Like 1

Likewise Mike, should be great.

I'm officially addicted to this video - I think I've watched it a few dozen times today. Just looks fantastic! grin.gif

Something that has been on my mind for ages, just keep forgetting to ask.

Is there any chance of having a complete 'aircraft' viewer? As a seperate selection (and in colour) instead of having to go through Quick Combat format? Which also means you have to select a pilot to see aircraft choice.

I have watched the video several more times now, and I come to the conclusion:

WHOMP! - WHOMP! - TCHUKK!!! - - - - - - - - - - WHOMP! - WHOMP! - TCHUKK!!!

"PEEEEEEEEEEE - - -FOUUUUR - - - - - - - - - -SUUURE - - - - - - - - - - WILLLL -

RRROCK -YOU!!!!!!! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sing it!!!

PEEEEEEEEEEEEE - FOUUUUR - - - - - - - - - -SUUURE - - - - - - - - - -WILLLL -

RRROCK - YOU!!!!!!!!" - Incredible Guitar Solo > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > >

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

Looks great guys! It will be another release not to miss. Hope I had the time to devote to it, which is the main reason I have not flown OFF for some time. The OFF campaign needs time to really indulge in the mission and appreciate it. I will definitely buy it though once it is released.

Good to hear from you Dimus hope you find a little time to fly P4. QC is improved well too so should be something there for a quick fly.

Pips - for P4 the pilot nation will still be dictating the aircraft QC choice for now. We want the "pilot" to be important.

my fault entirely......never flown a bomber mission...ever....and this after how many years of OFF? Shameful I know but ruts are my specialty and I daresay if I'd ever spent any time in anything other than a single seater I'd have noticed the head movement before...thanks Ol...

sir mike.....nice read......of course I never read the small print...typical....great addition indeed!

Lou! Good to see you my friend! I take it, from the expression on your face, that you watched the Phase 4 video? Yeah, it's pretty good... :lol: