Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

OVER FLANDERS FIELDS - PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE

OVER FLANDERS FIELDS - PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE #1

For a Christmas present for people patiently waiting we have put together some clips from our Work-in-progress from PHASE 4 of OVER FLANDERS FIELDS.

NOTES: This is a PREVIEW of PHASE 4 (Working title) of the next generation of Over Flanders Fields WW1 Flight Simulator -

* * Damage Model and some Effects shown are still using older Phase 3 code for the moment until we update * *

* * Please note this is still WORK -in- PROGRESS * *

Many things are not shown but we will when we are ready :)

...and no don't ask when it's out - you know the answer already :)!

Movie is shown on our main info page on our website.

You can click through on the movie of course direct to youtube for HD version (recommended :))

http://www.overflandersfields.com

Enjoy!

• Dislike 1

Holy Moly... outstanding Wonderful and there is there is Zepplins!!! Gotha's... tres magnifique wunderbar and all that... this 2 weeks(TM to Combatace) is gonna be a long one... and don't forget Shaun the Sheep!!!! :yikes:

taht Dr.1 down low near treeline is a view to remember, the way it float in the air :good:

Absolutely gorgeous, and so much better than the CGI in some recent Hollywood-type movies! I can hardly wait..

Just one question though, what's with all the smoke being chuffed out of all the ac exhausts? If one looks at in-flight pics of WW1 ac, both period pics and those of contemporary restorations/reconstructions, there is little or no such smoke. I hope there'll be an option to switch it off?

But that is only a minor minor point, it in no way detracts from the very impressive acheivement of the OFF team!

Mike

Excellent work ! Will this require MSCFS3?

I'd like to know that too! If I need to get a newer version, I'd go pick it up now so I'll be ready to order Phase 4 the first day it's available!

:salute:

Mike you can see smoke of varying degrees and depending on throttle mixture etc, (and rotary engines obviously more visible than inline normally) Anyway as we said the effects in the movie are mostly P3 still - we haven't redone them yet so it may well change anyway. Also remember these are war-weary engines (not pristine modern replica very well looked after engines).

See one example of the camel

at say 4 min 40 seconds onwards for the rotary (modern well maintained not in a war ;) of course).

Yes you will need CFS3 to use the coming new version.