Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

4 core and OFF

Hello Chaps

Feel like a bit of a noob here!...have installed everything on new machine..all patches blah blah...done the tweaks from the FAQ etc....but am unhappy with the performance.

Just seem to remember someone saying, you need to do something with a quadcore?...or is that my imagination?

I'm sure I'll get it sussed....but if anyone can remind me if thats true, I'd be most grateful

Hello Chaps

Feel like a bit of a noob here!...have installed everything on new machine..all patches blah blah...done the tweaks from the FAQ etc....but am unhappy with the performance.

Just seem to remember someone saying, you need to do something with a quadcore?...or is that my imagination?

I'm sure I'll get it sussed....but if anyone can remind me if thats true, I'd be most grateful

UKW,

I think the advice was to set the affinity to single core as CFS3 was designed when dual/quad core processors were unheard of. I think that is one way to improve performance in OFF.

Probably someone more knowledgeable can help you with better advice.

UK_Widowmaker, I downloaded a 'dual core optimiser' for my AMD processor, from the AMD website, which helped with issues such as the game running at double speed. I don't know if there would be such a thing for quadcores from you processor manufacturer's site?

I got that from the FAQs on the OFF website, there may be information about quadcores there.

Edited by Wayfarer

What OS? I've had better luck running CFS3 under win7 than winxp from a multi-core performance perspective. I don't need to muck about with processor affinity with win7.

Yeah..I'm on W7 64...I think I've cracked it though...In the OFF manager settings...seems to be working fine now...thanks everyone

Yes sir, but what specific setting in OFF Manager are you guys talking about changing? Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Hellshade