Sign in to follow this  
GodsLt

Ground Objects and Threat libraries? :)

Hey guys, after some time fiddling around with my highly modded SF2V Install, I decided to install ground objects. I downloaded dozens of ships, SAMS, Jeeps, BTR's etc.

The thing is, only SAM's and some tanks show up, but the BTR's and the ships do not show up AT ALL. I play antiship missions, but only the Cargo ship comes up...so I'm at a loss here!

Also,, sometime ago I read about updated threat libraries, to eliminate the <U> symbol when being tracked, any clues where I can find it? Thanks again guys!

btw modders, keep up the GREAT work, I've had countless hours of fun thanks to you guys!drinks.gif

Yeah I read about that one before, but only one type of ship ALWAYS shows up! That pesky cargo ship...lol

Any clues as to why other ships do not take the "spotlight"?

Hey guys, after some time fiddling around with my highly modded SF2V Install, I decided to install ground objects. I downloaded dozens of ships, SAMS, Jeeps, BTR's etc.

The thing is, only SAM's and some tanks show up, but the BTR's and the ships do not show up AT ALL. I play antiship missions, but only the Cargo ship comes up...so I'm at a loss here!

Also,, sometime ago I read about updated threat libraries, to eliminate the <U> symbol when being tracked, any clues where I can find it? Thanks again guys!

btw modders, keep up the GREAT work, I've had countless hours of fun thanks to you guys!drinks.gif

There's a topic on this very issue, but I think you're confusing "tanks" with Vulcans and the like... tanks don't have a radar.

There's a topic on this very issue, but I think you're confusing "tanks" with Vulcans and the like... tanks don't have a radar.

Ahhhh I didn't make it clear! sorry for the misunderstanding!

I know tanks don't have a RADAR lol, I was asking for the updated threat libraries because I remember reading about it sometime ago (not the naval threat)

But could you point me to the thread with this very issue? I still can't get my Visby corvette, Admiral Kutznestov (bleh) and other ships I downloaded!

Warships do not appear on randomly-generated missions, only cargo ships. However, this may change with the release of SF2NA. :grin:

You can always edit the ground object role of a warship to "cargoship", but I feel that it's best to simply script your own missions, to include the ship types that you desire to go up against.

mmm I see what you mean...

so for the ObjectGroundRole=CaroShip would work for any given ship?dntknw.gif

mmm I see what you mean...

so for the ObjectGroundRole=CaroShip would work for any given ship?dntknw.gif

Yes

up to a point ... the old bugaboo of "4 Cargo ship types" still rears its ugly head occasionally. (meaning: the game will grab any of the first 4 ships classed as CargoShips from the GO folder, ignoring most others)*

for vehicular ground objects, one needs to check the GroundObjectRole= in the data ini. Many of the lighter AFV/IFVs are classed as "RECON", and don't come to play

CVs will also never show up on their own, unless placed via a scriped mission and they MUST be listed in the _types.ini for the terrain, as would all GOs; ships, vehicles, AFV, tanks, sams & their associated radars, etc. At this point, carriers are still unvulnerable, and therefore useless are 'targets' -unless cloned to a destroyable state.

also, don't forget that unmodified, SF2V "ends" in 1982, thereby automatically eliminating anything with StartServiceYear= later than that.

*one wonders if there's a GroundObjectList.lst, like the aircraft, that could be editated??*