Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

TrackIR goes strange...still

Great news, Hauksbee!

Great, indeed! Let's go find some Crumpets and ruin their day.

Glad to know you have finally sorted it out Hauksbee. However, this business about going out to ruin some Crumpets' collective day? Bad form! The Crumpets pitched in to help you every bit as much as the Bratwursts did. :grin:

All's fair in love, war, and computers, Lou!

Congrats, Hauksbee. Glad to hear you are up and sorted, regardless of whose side is getting buttered.

.Glad to know you have finally sorted it out Hauksbee. However, this business about going out to ruin some Crumpets' collective day? Bad form! The Crumpets pitched in to help you every bit as much as the Bratwursts did.

I solemnly promise that the Crumpets involved (and you know who you are) will NOT be shot at! It's the least I could do.

Indeed, I acknowledge a special debt to yourself, RAF_Lou, for spotting the inverted three-dot lights. Somehow, as I dealt with this problem, I began to suspect that when the solution was found it would be basically simple, and global in its implications. I still don't understand the 'white screen', but since the TrackIR 5.1 software trumped the 4.1, I'll not worry about it.

I cannot overstate how fond I am of this Forum with its collegiate atmosphere and sense of community, the amount of exotic information that turns up, and the willingness to jump in and help solve problems and suggest lines of inquiry. I posted my woes on the NaturalPoint Forum assuming they'd have me sorted out in no time at all. I updated my posts about five times, giving detailed explanations each time. I got one reply from an administrator after the first post asking if I could see the four red lights in the camera. That was it. Without the OFF Forum, I'd still be banging my head against the wall

Each day, when I get up, I get the coffee on, fire up the computer, check e-mail and wander over to the OFF Forum to see what's up. Nearly every day you make my day. Come to think about it, I will instruct my ground crew to only load blanks on my Albatros. Wouldn't want to lose any of you.

Good stuff, one thing my profile I guess wouldn't work as you had the old software. I didn't realise you were on v4 software still.

Good stuff, one thing my profile I guess wouldn't work as you had the old software. I didn't realise you were on v4 software still.

Couldn't find a v.5.1 disc, so I had to use the 4.1 and then download 5.1 from Natural Point. But Tanks anyway; I still intend to check out your profile.