Sign in to follow this  
ultramig688

confused on install of NF4+

i am installing NF4+ in SF2E and i am a bit confused.when installing NF4aircraft1 do i put the objects folder and its content into the SF2E folder so i will have 2 objects folders or do i take the content from the aircraft folder and put it in the obects/aircraft f folder with the other aircraft?

Do this... put it in the obects/aircraft f folder with the other aircraft?

The best thing is follow the Readme installation guide carefully. Good Luck!

put what in the objects/aircraft folder? the objects folder from the NF4aircraft1 folder or the aircraft folder from the NF4 objects folder or the aircraft themselves in the NF4 objects/aircraft folder?the readme says to put the contents of the NF4aircraft1 folder in the objects folder of SF2E mod folder. well the NF4aircraft1 folder has an objects folder with an aircraft folder in that and aircraft in the aircraft folder which one am i suppose to put in the SF2E mods object folder. if i do it like the readme says i willhave an objects folder inside the SF2E mods object folder.:dntknw:

Edited by steve1070

yes, it called "copy/paste", and "allow the Overwrite"

So.... thusly...

Unzipped, NF4+/Objects ---> copy/paste /Objects OVER the existing /SF2:E/Objects folder. When asked "Overwrite?" click the "Yes" box.

it don't get any simpler than that! You'll do that for ALL the new addon folders, allowing the Overwrite each time.

Edited by Wrench

i know how to copy and paste thank you very much!!!!!i did it exactly like you said and it does not ask me to overwrite it just sticks the NF4 objects folder inside the SF2E objects folder.

steve1070:

If Windows didn't prompt you to overwrite, then you didn't do it right. What you've done is create nested folders, which ensures that the game will never find the new NF4+ objects.

Do not drop the Objects folder from the Mod onto the Objects folder in your Mod folder. Instead, select the Objects folder and drop it on the Mod folder itself. The same with the other folders -- drop the Flight folder on the Mod folder, and so on.

Alternately, you could select all the subfolders of Objects and drag those onto the Objects folder in your Mod folder. That would accomplish the same thing, and you would still be prompted to overwrite.

Eric Howes

got it to work .thanks to everyone for thier help.now any ideas on why the aircraft have no afterburner flame.

steve1070:

Don't forget that there are five update packs for NF4+. You can find them in the same download category as the four base files. They should be installed in sequence, and the installation process for each is pretty much the same as the original mod.

Eric Howes