Polovski

OFF2 Screenshots - Roland model updated & Summer Scenery

The scenery is completely revamped as promised...It looks amazing..and the aircraft are looking wonderful too!..can't wait for the release

(I have fond memories of this plane..and the Hannover..as they were third and fourth Airfix kits I built)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

It may be called the Walfisch, but I still say it looks like a fish. :grin:

Yes, it truely does - like the Pfalz D.III also. Well, aerodynamics and aquadynamics are not much different, I guess.

Bullet, that is understandable - the realism of OFF (...which is NOT a game, by the way).

BTW the pilots have the German hard hat type looks a bit silly but I think in a crash you'd rather look silly than splattered.

BTW the pilots have the German hard hat type looks a bit silly but I think in a crash you'd rather look silly than splattered.

I've always thought those helmets looked cool and have often wished I had one. I've also wondered why hard helmets never went mainstream until the jet age.

I've always thought those helmets looked cool and have often wished I had one. I've also wondered why hard helmets never went mainstream until the jet age.

I guess they hadn't invented health and safety until then. :grin:

Pol, the hard-hats are really well identifyable, and they fit great with two-seater crews.

I hope though, that the fighter pilots will not have to wear them?

It's just that I'm afraid it would ruin my flashy "Blitz Fighter" image with the girls, you know?

Herr Olham - Blitz Fighter

Olham_flirt_01.jpg

"Back off Franz, you're cramping my style! That sweet young Fräulein is clearly giving me the eye, and I can't work my magic with you tugging at me like that."

:grin:

:rofl:"Stop that, Franz - I don't want her to see my braces!" :rofl:

Lou, I would actually prefer to see myself a tad more like this:

Yes, wouldn't we all Olham. BTW, you and Mike can fight over her all you want, but you're both too late. She's already mine.

Lou_flirt_01.jpg

Oh, a real cutie! Good luck!

Well, I will go out dancing with Elly - another sweet airwoman! (I only need to get past race car driver Bernd Rosemeyer!)

I say,, she does have her Goggles Up.

gallery_50835_349_76353.jpg

Edited by carrick58

...I hope though, that the fighter pilots will not have to wear them?

It's just that I'm afraid it would ruin my flashy "Blitz Fighter" image with the girls, you know?

:no: don't worry they are only on a few craft and we promise not to cramp the fighter pilots style ;) :kisses:

It is indeed. Have the devs done something with the perspective?

Looks to me like the same CFS3 fish-eye lens spot view perspective, at least as regards the aircraft.

The blue cast in the terrain isn't as pretty as the current more yellowish greens and browns but it seems to do a very good job of conveying distance.

Even if the fisheye lens effect can't be removed, I still hope the RE8 will get its missing flying wires, the Pfalz's drooping tailskid will be tucked back up and that most planes will get better LOD models, so they can be seen from spot and cockpit views at significantly longer range (around 3 miles or so, with no zoom) and don't have harsh LOD transitions at relatively close range. Longer-range visibility in particular would be a great improvement, reducing reliance on the TAC/radar/labels and making RFC/RAF/AMF campaigns in particular, where you rarely have Archie to indicate targets, much more satisfying.