Anyone know If is there available a Nanchang Q-5 for SF2 series games? All that I can found are SF1 variants.

Thanks.

The SF1 ones ought to work fine for SF2.

EDIT: They did not. They crash when you start em up. Might look trough them when I have the time but I am by no means good at aircraft customization. And that is too bad, the Fantan is a Sweet ride.

Edited by JonathanRL

Guest rscsjsuso5

my great westerners you have rang my doorbell of ca Chinese aircraft dept and am glad to help.

q-5ii in strikefighters war for taiwan in campaign section of gen2 , extract and find and mod and have fun. make any variant you wish and plus i believe the skins are interchangeable of green and white ( in file bmp name for some models) and third party user created of gen1 and gen2 ( i believe it is nkorea and pakaf skin of gen1).

maybe operation hydra has it don't know.

also remember weapons in data file are wp,soviet,china

Edited by rscsjsuso5

They crash at 90% due to cockpit errors. Replace the cockpit with the MiG-17 ones available here and you should have no problem. Don't forget to bring over some weapons for them into SF2. That requires a little bit of modifying the files.

You will enjoy your bird after you do this. It's a pain in the ass that needs update by it's developer (hint hint ;) )

Q-5 is a good jet.

I did a bunch of work on one model (Q-5II??? maybe???); redid the FM based off the stock Farmer, cockpit replacement/fixes etc. I'll have to go through my birds again, and see which one I did (in between all the terrain work....).

Yes, the LOD needs MAJOR reworking to close the holes in it ... expecially for the shadow (missing the center of aircraft!)

screwed up polys in main mesh.

oddly, only seems to show when on the ground (see below). in flight (above 30-odd meters), it's casts normally. SF2 also seems to not recognize the old 1stGen, 06 level shadow lods -- I have the Mig19 shd IN the folder, pointed to in the ini with the correct statments, and it don't work either.

can it be fixed? only by them....and that raises other problems

as to cockpit-wise, all mine work fine. Of course, I'ved edited the living daylights out things (moved, copy/pseted, fiddled inis, etc). HUDs still a little wacky on the Q-5D .... but, what can ya do?

Edited by Wrench

Wrench will you release a SF2 version of the inis? I'm planning (If adding a virtual hook is possible) a naval soviet variant for SF2:NA. I will need a template for it too.

How can you switch it on in max that you can see the direction of the polys? In Maya it was an easy task, but have no idea about it in max?!

Wrench will you release a SF2 version of the inis? I'm planning (If adding a virtual hook is possible) a naval soviet variant for SF2:NA. I will need a template for it too.

Naval variant a CHINESE plane!!!????? For Soviet use? That'll never happen! Why not just navalize the Frogfoot, like they'd planned to??

the 3 I have (and updated) are

Q-5D

Q-5E(also called E/F)

Q5II

based off lindr's mods. As the original models are not longer available here....

there is a slight gunsight/aim angle issue I haen't fully resolved on one of them-- they shoot stright through the sight on AG, but for 'generic' AA the sight a bit high, and will require some eyeballing of fall-of-shot (aka: Kentucky windage)

Also, 'exported' the 5E, as it's reall close to some of the A-5 variants now in use some parts of the globe. (see screenshot thread)

the q5II is mapped slightly differently than the others ... there's a 4 bmp that seems to be the intakes; other small difference issues in mapping.

Maybe in "2 Weeks" ... need to finish other things ... Erireat/Ethiopia rebuld is this --> <--- close to completion, then back to the Gulf, then Panama, and finishin retargeting Formosa (which is why I startd fiddiling with these in the first place!)

Naval plane, not as the real Nanchang, but something like the Su-28 or something like that. With proper loadouts will make a nice plane for naval use until succeded by the Su-33.

Altought naval Su-25 will be a nice plane too.

How can you switch it on in max that you can see the direction of the polys? In Maya it was an easy task, but have no idea about it in max?!

in the skin they are darker and or run STL check to find errors one outher way his to reset x-form

sorry to hijack this topic but can you please explain what is STL and where can i reset the x form in max ?

thank you in advance

sorry to hijack this topic but can you please explain what is STL and where can i reset the x form in max ?

thank you in advance

STL check is a modifier you can select it from the modify drop down list, as much as I understanded it's for checking if the model is ok for exporting to STL format which some program uses that requires meshes to be complete and closed(no open edges, double surface, etc.) so you can quickly find mesh errors with it.

reset xform you have under utilities, the tab that has a hammer icon.

Like he sayed above but rebembr two thing before reset X-form unlink the mesh both parent and children two save before reseting and if after rest the mesh goes black just flip the polys and it fixed

Naval variant a CHINESE plane!!!????? For Soviet use? That'll never happen!

Sorry, but I laughted at the sheer outrage Wrench had at the mere tought :D