Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

A-3 Skywarrior Skin/Ini Update Pak (for DAT A-3D)

A-3 Skywarrior Skin/Ini Update Pak (for DAT A-3D)

A-3D Skywarror Upgrade/Update Pak

= For SF2, Any and All =

For the Dev A-Team's A3D-1

*PLEASE NOTE: this is =NOT= a complete aircraft mod! A major component, the aircraft's LOD is NOT included!! This file is propritary of the Dev A-Team, and cannot be shared. You =MUST= be a Registed User ™ at their site, with access to their downloads, to make use of the Pak. If you do not have, or cannot get access, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT!!!*

It should be noted at this time, that while the folder & main ini are called "A3D-1", the aircraft in actuality is an A3D-2 (late)/A3B, as evidenced by the 'shovel nose' radome.

Lots of changes have been effected, to try and bring it close to SF2 standards; much more work is STILL needed by those that know how (FM rebuild). A new cockpit, adjusted loads (included a Nuke specific STRIKE loadout, and a Strike_Heavy -with MK.84s, for use with the 3W Mission Editor), a 61kt USN-spec Mk.7 atomic bomb is included (nuke effects are NOT included). All other loadouts use stock in-game items. See "Notes" for partial change list.

Wingfold operates by the standard manual animation keystroke, Shift/9.

3 skins and decal sets are included:

VAH-1, by ChampionVA56

VAH-3, also by Champ

VAH-13, based on Champ's, by me, with all new decals and markings (all markings are decals)

Decal Randomization for all skins is set to TRUE. New hangar and loading screens are included (yes, I know the artwork loading screen is the early -1 version, but it's an R.G Smith, Offical Douglas Aircraft ™ litho ... so there ya go!)

The base skin for VAH-13, being "clean" can be used for many other units by simply creating new squadon codes and tail markings. 23 600 series modex decals are included (601-624). Serial/Bu numbers should be considered 'generic' in nature, but are 100% accurate for the model depicted.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included.

Please read them! Also, the "Notes" section is requied reading, as well. Seriously; READ the Notes ... it contains vital comments and requests. I've done everything I can ... now it's up to someone else.

Following DAT policy, all their documentation is included. But NOT the aircraft LOD. Just so's you know for sure.

Happy Landings!

wrench

kevin stein

don't say that until you try to get back on the boat!!!.... sigh.....I hate falling short (project completion wise. I'm only 5'10" !! )

I did forget to mention in the readme, that templates ARE included ... they'll need some reworking (like panel line redrawing), but that'll get folks started.

if you don't want folding wings, and a 3d Guru builds a Skywarrior refueling probe, Bunyap's EB66C* can be a good stand-in. Also for the EK-3s as well, as we've had the belly refueling pod since 2007

*=also in the works for SF2 revamping

Kevin, as usual You finished up an half made model!

Even if some 3D work should be needed (es. holes on the wings roots ...)

Here a couple of fix/suggestions from me:

- to show VHA-3 decals add this at bottom of each mesh entry on decals.ini

DecalMaxLOD=4

.... and you will have them

- try this to improve wingfolder and prevent in flight opening.

// Wing Fold -------------------------------------

[WingFoldLeft]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_9

;DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

MaxDeploySpeed=20 <-------------------------------

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=8

ModelNodeName=WingO_L

[WingFoldRight]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_9

;DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

MaxDeploySpeed=20 <------------------------------

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=8

ModelNodeName=WingO_R

Note: if You take off with closed wingfold it now will close on the runway. Isn't cool?

Cheers.

:drinks:

oh, RATS!!! did I miss those maxlod entires??? Odd, the decal ini in the main folder has them. Shoot!! wonder if I didn't copy over the decls ini!!! ratcrap!!

well, it's a simple text edit. ya'll can fix that easy enough

oh, RATS!!! did I miss those maxlod entires??? Odd, the decal ini in the main folder has them. Shoot!! wonder if I didn't copy over the decls ini!!! ratcrap!!

well, it's a simple text edit. ya'll can fix that easy enough

That's a very simple ini edit!

BTW try the wingfold upgrade, too.

I sent it to Ravenclaw for Buc and applied on almost all navy planes i have installed.

The same it's good for cockpits or any other groun animation.

:drinks: