Sign in to follow this  
ignacioc91

TUTORIAL ON HOW TO CREATE SAM SITES?

Hi there!!!! Is there any tutorial on how to create SAM sites??? I tried it myself and have some serious trouble, like, for examples, the SAM RADAR not appearing when adding AAA.

THANKS!!!!!

Why should a SAM radar appear with Anti-Aircraft Artillary? They are two separate and unrelated systems.

Taking a common sense approach, why not study ( or emulate) the default Third Wire Static-SAM deployment scheme, and go on from there? SAM radars are linked to specific SAM launchers, by this entry in the Detect System section of their respective data.ini files: NetworkType=

Just to clarify things, that statement needs to be present in radars and launchers :good:

Why should a SAM radar appear with Anti-Aircraft Artillary? They are two separate and unrelated systems.

Taking a common sense approach, why not study ( or emulate) the default Third Wire Static-SAM deployment scheme, and go on from there? SAM radars are linked to specific SAM launchers, by this entry in the Detect System section of their respective data.ini files: NetworkType=

Just to clarify things, that statement needs to be present in radars and launchers :good:

Thanks for your help!!!! I wanted to include AAA in the SAM sites because I wanted them to have defences both for low-fliyng aircrafts (Wild Weasels for instance) and high-flying aircrafts. So you say it is not possible to have AAA, SAM laucnhers and SAM Radars in the same site? Thanks for your time!!!

it sure is possible .. I do it all the time. They're NOT mutually exclusive; they just may not show up all the time, or be different every time if using the generic target tags