That was true as long as six or seven years ago, when Sparkomatic released the first beta of the Udaloy II, and we set up the data.ini for it....right, Typhoid? :grin:

Of course, back then, you were limited to one SAM mount, but the same priciple applied, the guns and missiles on that mount shared the same yaw & pitch axis.

Yeah, I know that the SA-19 had a weapon system like that, for example, but I wasn't sure if individual gunners could also do gun/missile combos, and especially with a half dozen of them on the same object,even with the updated game engine.

Hi WhiteBoySamurai

Your Kirov looks awesome, I am looking forward to the challenge. I don' t think just turning up with a couple of misiles on a plane will work against this ship. I reckon a full strike package with jamming support will be needed!

Cheers

Snapper 21

Hi WhiteBoySamurai

Your Kirov looks awesome, I am looking forward to the challenge. I don' t think just turning up with a couple of misiles on a plane will work against this ship. I reckon a full strike package with jamming support will be needed!

Cheers

Snapper 21

I think we're gonna need nukes to take this thing out snapper.

Great looking Kirov there WhiteBoySamurai. Looking forward to adding this to that group of Soviet ships that ends up fighting the Nimitz group during the campaign.

The first of two Kirov class packages is uploaded. The next one, containing the Kirov/Ushakov and Frunze/Lazarev, will be done some time later.

gallery_33721_313_56229.jpg

The Kirov Challenge ™: I'm offering a no-prize to anyone who can sink one of these ships, using a carrier-based aircraft and conventional unguided munitions. (That means no nukes, Dave! grin.gif) Bonus no-prize if it's actually in a battlegroup. Please post pics here as proof. (Pot pics of your hilariously dismal failures, too! :3)

Destroyed one Kirov class battlecuriser. The problem is that according to the mission log this is the result of just 3 hits from AGM-78D missiles.

img00013d.jpg

img00015q.jpg

img00016e.jpg

img00017w.jpg

img00019w.jpg

Edited by KJakker

You must've gotten a lucky shot and hit the engine. In my testing, it took between 10 to 14 AGM-78Ds to sink, in some cases surviving 16 direct hits and not going down. The 78D has a 100kg+ warhead, almost as heavy as some anti-ship missiles, so it's not too surprising.

But I'll gladly make the Kirovs even tougher if you prefer. grin.gif

I'm trying to attack with Exocet!!! Very difficult but very fun... :heat:

Coupi. :bye: