Sign in to follow this  
flameout513

Stock aircraft return after creating stand alone

I updated to the new version March 2012 SF2. I removed all files from the standalones before uninstalling. My SF2 works fine but the stand alone installs keeps placing the GroundObject and Aircraft folders with stock models. I adjusted the start and end dates\ but no change. Does anyone else get this problem or am I just the lucky one. All my WW2 stand alones are prepared according to Wrench's guide. The standalones worked before the upgrade. I did a full unistall and install of SF2 before creatinbg my WW2 standalones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Semper Fi

So you are deleting the stock folders but the game keeps putting them in each time you run it?

after the the first run, ya know, after the re-creation of the WW2 shortcuts after SF2NA instll, or patch or whatever, the engine will ALWAYS repopulate with all the stock items.

best ways Ive found are...

if having an alrady built WW2 mods folder (PTO as example), simply rename it to xPTO. Run the new exe (ie: PTO.exe) and it'll rebuild the new mods folder. Run the game onece, fly a mssion in Phantom (or just start a mission) exit.

Delete the 'new' pto mods folder. Rename the original BACK to PTO. btw -- might want to keep the newest Options and Versions.inis, as CYA

2nd way, is leave the PTO mods folder as is, run the new exe, play a mission (with whatever), and then go into and manually delete all the modern stuff.

I still have to do this for the KAW and PTO folder I have ... but I'm waiting for the main fixit patchs from 3W before regenerating these mods folders.

Edited by Wrench

I tried it both ways and found that the PTO and MTO worked as designed in you first recommendation. However, the ETO didn't want to cooperate so I handled it with your second recommendation. Long story short it works and I have my WW2 platforms and all the mods and terrains.

This March 2012 update seems like more trouble than its worth. The extractor won't work as ir did before. I wish that I had backed up the Nov 2010 versions that worked fine.

Why doesn't TW get with wrench and the other prophead gurus and create a WW2 expansion for at least the three major theaters??????

Semper Fi

Thanks Wrench

I tried it both ways and found that the PTO and MTO worked as designed in you first recommendation. However, the ETO didn't want to cooperate so I handled it with your second recommendation. Long story short it works and I have my WW2 platforms and all the mods and terrains.

This March 2012 update seems like more trouble than its worth. The extractor won't work as ir did before. I wish that I had backed up the Nov 2010 versions that worked fine.

Why doesn't TW get with wrench and the other prophead gurus and create a WW2 expansion for at least the three major theaters??????

Semper Fi

Thanks Wrench

IL2 1946 is why. BoB II is why. WOP is why.

TK's profit model is to NOT do what others are doing. Everyone is doing WWII...only TK is doing the 60s to the early 80s.

FC