Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Laser Pod & EO displays changed with Mar '12 patch?

Hi all, I'm just trying to clear up whether this is something in my own install or something the new Mar '12 patch level brought in.

Previously when using either a Laser Pod or the EO display of a weapon (GBU-15, AGM-65 etc) the display had a level of Zoom which could be set via the weapons data.ini and with DualFOV pods you could have two separate levels of zoom, a 'search' display and a higher zoom level 'lock' display which happened at 8nm from the target. Here's what I mean -

'Search' Display showing 1 level of zoom at 10nm (distance in bottom right)

typhoonlibya01.jpg

'Lock' display with higher zoom level which shows at <8nm (4.3nm is bottom right)

typhoonlibya04.jpg

Yet after the Mar '12 Patch (or SF2:NA) in my install the zoom levels are set at no zoom regardless of what's in the weapons data.ini and the DualFOV zoom has changed to 3nm with no zoom level.

'Search' Display showing no zoom at 10nm (distance in bottom right)

sf2elaserproblem01.jpg

'Search' Display showing no zoom at 4.3nm (same distance as old 'lock' display above)

sf2elaserproblem02.jpg

'Lock' display still with no zoom finally shows at 3nm (distance in bottom right)

sf2elaserproblem03.jpg

************************************************************************************

Can you fine people here at CA please confirm that I'm not going bat-sh*t crazy and that this is something that effects everyone?

Many Thanks..........................IanH

known issue, makes use of electro-opticals PIA

PB/Stary - Cheers Lads, I don't really use the TW forums much (twice in 2 years I think) but at least I know I'm not going mad.

I forgot to add the almost obligatory "Is this another thing the new patch breaks?" to my original post :grin:

How about this for a conspiracy theory - TK deliberately 'breaks' something in every new patch so you have to upgrade to the new patch when it comes out, which then breaks some thing else so you have to patch up again etc etc etc :lol:

• Like 1

How about this for a conspiracy theory - TK deliberately 'breaks' something in every new patch so you have to upgrade to the new patch when it comes out, which then breaks some thing else so you have to patch up again etc etc etc :lol:

good sir, this is brilliant conspiracy theory! much better than underground reptilian aliens for sure :lol:

Don't mock the underground reptilian aliens,they are in control of alot of things.I wouldn't be suprised if they are responsible for many bugs in lots of games.it's a big distraction to humanity and will make their take over much easier.

Don't mock the underground reptilian aliens,they are in control of alot of things.I wouldn't be suprised if they are responsible for many bugs in lots of games.it's a big distraction to humanity and will make their take over much easier.

Ok, i can believe this. Only if reptilians have faulty phrasebooks talking about hovercrafts and eels.