In the TSR2 data.ini add AHM,GP to the "AllowedWeaponClass=" and add USAF,USN to the "Attachmenttype=" for the pylons you want to add them to.

The TSR2 has no Air to Air radar so the Phoenix will only work with Weapons set to Easy in the Options In-Game menu.

Here's one I did in the What-If thread along with other people variants - http://combatace.com/topic/70197-tsr2-f3-adv-the-airborne-battleship/page__p__548475__hl__battleship__fromsearch__1#entry548475

tsr2F3.JPG

tsr2adv.JPG

tsr2adv02.JPG

Edited by ianh755

youve no idea how much i want that thing! did you put internal gun on it too?

iv tried that code and it does give me quite alot of weapon options i get no pheonix or amraams/asraams. i also get suu11 gun pods but not the modded 1 i want

id love a gau 8 internal gun

Which TSR2 download are you using? If it's this one - http://combatace.com/topic/70072-tsr2-for-sf2-series/page__p__549964__hl__tsr2__fromsearch__1#entry549964 - then only the GR1a doesn't have guns and as it's User dates are 1968-77 it won't be able to fit AMRAAM's or GAU-5 pod etc. Those pics of mine are of a GR7 (2006-2020) which allows you to have those missiles and it comes with 2x 30mm ADEN's built-in (my tweaked version also used 2x 20mm Vulcans instead)

Guns - If you wanted to change them to GAU-8 just change the TSR2 data.ini from

GunTypeName=30MM_ADEN4

to

GunTypeName=30MM_GAU8

and make sure you have a GAU8 in the Gun's folder (or have SF2:E as it has the A-10)

Hope that helps.

Edited by ianh755

Which TSR2 download are you using? If it's this one - http://combatace.com...__1#entry549964 - then only the GR1a doesn't have guns and as it's User dates are 1968-77 it won't be able to fit AMRAAM's or GAU-5 pod etc. Those pics of mine are of a GR7 (2006-2020) which allows you to have those missiles and it comes with 2x 30mm ADEN's built-in (my tweaked version also used 2x 20mm Vulcans instead)

Guns - If you wanted to change them to GAU-8 just change the TSR2 data.ini from

GunTypeName=30MM_ADEN4

to

GunTypeName=30MM_GAU8

and make sure you have a GAU8 in the Gun's folder (or have SF2:E as it has the A-10)

Hope that helps.

i have 5 tsr2s but not that 1 lol

when i can download again later il get that 1 and have a play

how much power did you give yours? the prototype had 30,000 lb each motor the 1st in service plane was supposed to have 42,000 lb each god knows what it wouldve been by the 90s

We took as much info as we could find from various website (all slightly different) and took an average but the game model isn't that accurate with RL figures so we ended up with the GR1a having 62000lb's dry thrust per engine and gave them a slow upgrade through the years (following the real-life tornado engine mod program) to end with 68000lbs dry in the GR7 which kept them at 550-600kts at max dry (accurate figure).

While the dry thrust stayed reasonable enough the afterburner figures were more "fun" with the GR1a having 100,000lbs of thrust and the GR7 a massive 140,000lbs getting them upto mach 2.5+ easily.

We took as much info as we could find from various website (all slightly different) and took an average but the game model isn't that accurate with RL figures so we ended up with the GR1a having 62000lb's dry thrust per engine and gave them a slow upgrade through the years (following the real-life tornado engine mod program) to end with 68000lbs dry in the GR7 which kept them at 550-600kts at max dry (accurate figure).

While the dry thrust stayed reasonable enough the afterburner figures were more "fun" with the GR1a having 100,000lbs of thrust and the GR7 a massive 140,000lbs getting them upto mach 2.5+ easily.

iv been playing with engine power and it seems to me that the power doesnt dictate tope speed. at the top of the data file there is max sea level speed (tsr2 wouldve been uncatchable on the deck imo) and max mach speed iv set it to mach 1.5 on the deck (501 i think the number was) and i had to keep the top speed down to mach 2.2 because the engines set on fire if you go any faster. iv been unable to work out why this is.

apparantly aerodynamically the airframe itself was possible mach 3 capable but the materiels wouldnt hold upto the temps involved

what do the numbers actually mean for engine power? its not in lbs i just took the base tsr2 x 1.5 hopefully giving about 45,000 lb thrust per engine (assuming the base tsr is set for 30,000lb) i think its something like accurate because at light loads it will stand on its tail!

ps the tsr should supercruise easily but i cant make that work either (even if i give it silly dry power it just gets to .97mach faster and stays there)

Edited by eatthis

All the figures are metric so Newton Meters (nm) for power, Meters per Second (m/s) for speed & Meters for distance etc so you'll need to convert your lbs/kts/Mach/ft figures for them to be read in SF2 properly.

As to supercruise etc the huge engine power was only available with afterburner, even at max dry it was designed to only fly at 550-600kts followed by a short supersonic low level run at mach 1.5 in AB.

At altitude the speed was limited to around mach 2.2-2.5 due to melting (as you said) but the great thing about it being a "What-If" is that you can pretty much do what-ever you like. For example in our version by the time the GR3-GR5 version came around they should have sorted out that melting issue and got it to Mach 3+ but we never added that, however anyone else could quite easily, in fact you're only really limited by your imagination.

All the figures are metric so Newton Meters (nm) for power, Meters per Second (m/s) for speed & Meters for distance etc so you'll need to convert your lbs/kts/Mach/ft figures for them to be read in SF2 properly.

As to supercruise etc the huge engine power was only available with afterburner, even at max dry it was designed to only fly at 550-600kts followed by a short supersonic low level run at mach 1.5 in AB.

At altitude the speed was limited to around mach 2.2-2.5 due to melting (as you said) but the great thing about it being a "What-If" is that you can pretty much do what-ever you like. For example in our version by the time the GR3-GR5 version came around they should have sorted out that melting issue and got it to Mach 3+ but we never added that, however anyone else could quite easily, in fact you're only really limited by your imagination.

ahh right so the engines are measured in nm? thanks for that info it gives me something to work from :) whats the conversion from lb to nm? is lb thrust the same as lb ft?

i set the dry power to more than the afterburner power and it still wouldnt crack mach 1 (got to .97 in about 5 seconds though!!) this leads me to think that in the game power doesnt dictate top speed theres something else going on. i tried to look at the lightning (which does supercruise easily) to compare the numbers but there doesnt seem to be a data ini for it :(

any idea why mine set on fire at high speed? i get engine overheat warnings quite often too

Edited by eatthis

From what I understand the Dry thrust speed limits are done via a very complicated table in the data.ini -

DryMachTableNumData=4

DryMachTableDeltaX=0.4

DryMachTableStartX=0.0

DryMachTableData=1.000,0.980,1.172,0.000

WetMachTableNumData=7

WetMachTableDeltaX=0.4

WetMachTableStartX=0.0

WetMachTableData=1.000,0.991,1.207,1.683,2.473,2.750,3.027

This bit is really complex and I may have bits wrong but here's how I understand it - The 4 entries in the "DryMachTableData=1.000,0.980,1.172,0.000" part are "multipliers" of current thrust as the speed increases, i.e 1.000=100% of what ever thrust level you're using at low speed (so if you're at 50% thrust @ 200kts then you get all 50%). The 0.980=98% at a slightly faster speed so if you've got the game saying 50% thrust at 300kts you've actually only got 49% in reality (98% of the 50%) and so on.

What I don't know is how the number of multipliers (4 in this case) relates to the speed? If you add more, say 8, does that do anything etc.

It's something I'll have a look into as I find it interesting figuring all this stuff out.

As to the Fire, thats because the air's so thick at low level that the engines can't cope so the game limits you to Mach 2.2 which is a lot more than anything can do in real life. I think it maybe a hard limit which you can't change via data.ini's.

Edited by ianh755

From what I understand the Dry thrust speed limits are done via a very complicated table in the data.ini -

DryMachTableNumData=4

DryMachTableDeltaX=0.4

DryMachTableStartX=0.0

DryMachTableData=1.000,0.980,1.172,0.000

WetMachTableNumData=7

WetMachTableDeltaX=0.4

WetMachTableStartX=0.0

WetMachTableData=1.000,0.991,1.207,1.683,2.473,2.750,3.027

This bit is really complex and I may have bits wrong but here's how I understand it - The 4 entries in the "DryMachTableData=1.000,0.980,1.172,0.000" part are "multipliers" of current thrust as the speed increases, i.e 1.000=100% of what ever thrust level you're using at low speed (so if you're at 50% thrust @ 200kts then you get all 50%). The 0.980=98% at a slightly faster speed so if you've got the game saying 50% thrust at 300kts you've actually only got 49% in reality (98% of the 50%) and so on.

What I don't know is how the number of multipliers (4 in this case) relates to the speed? If you add more, say 8, does that do anything etc.

It's something I'll have a look into as I find it interesting figuring all this stuff out.

As to the Fire, thats because the air's so thick at low level that the engines can't cope so the game limits you to Mach 2.2 which is a lot more than anything can do in real life. I think it maybe a hard limit which you can't change via data.ini's.

i didnt dare touch the dry mach numbers beacuse i didnt know what they were lol

il have a play now

at low level the temp is fine i can sit at m1.5 all day np the problem starts above 20k feet when the speed really gets up past m2.2

OK did some testing and here's what I've got. I took a Hawk T1A with a very weak engine and changed the Dry thrust to "SLThrustDry=9928809.9" - a ridiculous amount :yikes: - and the max speed stayed the same so I changed the Mach Limit and Sea Level limit

MaxSpeedSL=400.09

MachLimit=3.95

But still no increase in top speed (maybe 5% increase max). Then I took the 4 Dry figures and made them all 1.000, then changed the amount of figures to 12 sets of 1.000 like so -

DryMachTableNumData=12

DryMachTableDeltaX=0.4

DryMachTableStartX=0.0

DryMachTableData=1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000,1.000

Now it hits mach 3.5 at 40,000ft+ and mach 1.35 at sea level.

So now I know that, regardless of Thrust power or Mach limits, it's the dry/wet tables that really control your speed and I've got a better idea of how (although not 100% on the mechanics of it).

hawkmach.jpg

iv changed all them and it made not a jot of difference including using your values

iv changed all them and it made not a jot of difference including using your values

just got the other tsr2s what a fantastic job youve done :)

i think iv got the gau 8s in the nose theyr monstrous guns! even a plane the size and weight of the tsr gets buffeted around by them

no joy with the pheonix yet though :)

are all the pylon files the same for the different versions? ie once iv modified a gr3 pylons can i just copy paste the lot to the other planes?

Thanks but it was Sundowners work, I just did a few ini edits and bits.

I'll stick my version here in a bit for you. It's a GR7 with Phoenix,AMRRAM and GPU-5. It super-cruises at Mach 1.3 and has a Mach 2.4 top speed at altitude (any more and the engines blow up).

Thanks but it was Sundowners work, I just did a few ini edits and bits.

I'll stick my version here in a bit for you. It's a GR7 with Phoenix,AMRRAM and GPU-5. It super-cruises at Mach 1.3 and has a Mach 2.4 top speed at altitude (any more and the engines blow up).

perfect :)

"Slight" problem :lol: The engines keep blowing up when descending through 25,000ft :dntknw: It'll be something in those tables needs a tweak but I'm still playing with stuff so the upload may not be tonight (and I thought I had it too!)

i made/am making these

tsr 2 tech demo mach 3, thrust vectoring, highly manouverable (slightly better than an f15 in a turn fight), 130,000 lb thrust

65de93.jpg

slpgn9.jpg

4loozk.jpg

that in turn led to this mach 2.6 everything else same as above (i hadnt fitted the canards when i took the pics)

similer weapons fit to the typhoon but twice as many lol

tsr 2 fgr1

6xyubl.jpg

do6k5f.jpg

2f0f5g9.jpg

2hd2wra.jpg

id love to make these in game but have no idea where to start lol

i like tsr 2s iv built about 10 and have another 7 to build (building 2 now)

29e2d5h.jpg

yup i had the engines blowing up problem and couldnt fix it depite playing with the temp numbers in the engine specs

Edited by eatthis

Ah, now I remember you - The canard TSR2 dude! :good:

I cracked the engine issue and have now got a super-cruise at Mach 1.3 and top speed of Mach 3.55 @ 35,000ft TSR2 FGR7 fighter/bomber :drinks:

Seen as I really like the idea of the canard TSR2 I'll knock-up a data.ini with much better handling (closer to the F22 as a guess) to go with the new top speed for you (a seriously daft "What-If"). I can't do any of the modelling I'm afraid so it'll just be a replacement ini file for the standard GR7 model.

It should be ready tomorrow tea-time as a guess!

tsr2fastasfeck.jpg

GPU-5 Gunpod, Phoenix, AMRAAM & ASRAAM

tsr2gunpod.jpg

Edited by ianh755

lovely how did you stop it wtfsploding?

iv got the pheonix to work by going into the pheonix ini and deleting the f14 specific lol

Exploding Engines - I edited the Altitude, Dry and Wet Mach Tables (now I've figured out what they do and how they work) and slightly increased the intake max temp.

The handling is proving to be a tadge more difficult than I'd hoped (suddenly going 90' sideways after 10 secsonds etc :yikes:) so here's the current TSR2 FGR7 (still standard handling) until I can sort that out.

You'll also have to to add these 3 weapons - AIM-54C, AIM-120C, GPU-5 (Grey) - from my pack below as I've edited the ini's for them so that they'll fit (but not effect anything else)

By deleting the F14 specific line you will bugger up your F-14's loadouts, my weapon edits above won't have any negative effect so I'd put that F14 line back in.

One thing to be aware of, at top speed your fuel will disappear rapidly (unless set to EASY in the options) and it's very easy to reach the edge of the map which will bugger up the game, just turn around and the game will continue with no problems.

Here's all the ini's - http://www.ianhenshall.com/sf2/TSR2_FGR7.7z

I'd recommend making a copy of both the original GR7_data.ini and the loadout.ini as my ini's will over-write the originals.

PS highest height so far 112,500ft give or take, the game engine throws a wobble with the camera view when you go above 115,000ft!

Edited by ianh755

Exploding Engines - I edited the Altitude, Dry and Wet Mach Tables (now I've figured out what they do and how they work) and slightly increased the intake max temp.

The handling is proving to be a tadge more difficult than I'd hoped (suddenly going 90' sideways after 10 secsonds etc :yikes:) so here's the current TSR2 FGR7 (still standard handling) until I can sort that out.

You'll also have to to add these 3 weapons - AIM-54C, AIM-120C, GPU-5 (Grey) - from my pack below as I've edited the ini's for them so that they'll fit (but not effect anything else)

By deleting the F14 specific line you will bugger up your F-14's loadouts, my weapon edits above won't have any negative effect so I'd put that F14 line back in.

One thing to be aware of, at top speed your fuel will disappear rapidly (unless set to EASY in the options) and it's very easy to reach the edge of the map which will bugger up the game, just turn around and the game will continue with no problems.

Here's all the ini's - http://www.ianhensha...f2/TSR2_FGR7.7z

I'd recommend making a copy of both the original GR7_data.ini and the loadout.ini as my ini's will over-write the originals.

thanks mate il have a play now

i did have a tsr2 that turned stupidly well but iv forgotten what i did to it lol i think i played with the wing stall lines

ps how much power did you give it?

Edited by eatthis

Power - errr quite a bit :lol: 250,000nm per engine = 56,000lbs of thrust per engine!

I've got it doing 20g at high speeds (Mach 1.7+) but it's still sluggish (4.5-7g) below Mach 1.4 so more tweaking of the Mach tables to do!

Power - errr quite a bit :lol: 250,000nm per engine = 56,000lbs of thrust per engine!

I've got it doing 20g at high speeds (Mach 1.7+) but it's still sluggish (4.5-7g) below Mach 1.4 so more tweaking of the Mach tables to do!

haha in my canard whifs i had them at 65,000 lb per engine

iv got an x29 that is frankly silly at low speeds il have a look at the wing stats on that at some point

haha in my canard whifs i had them at 65,000 lb per engine

iv got an x29 that is frankly silly at low speeds il have a look at the wing stats on that at some point

i read they had an olympus running at 68,000lb dont know how true that is though