This really belongs in the SF1 forum because it's stock in WOV, but since I no longer play WOV and have imported the pit and fm to SF2 I have an observation to make here.

Ever since day one with the A-6, it's roll rate has been higher then that of an F-16 or A-4. If this is historical I will stop bitching, but since I don't think it is, I would like to know if anyone has the real specs and if FM revisions have been started. I also use the RAZBAM Intruders, but they seem to have used a similar, or same FM.

Thanks

Edited by exhausted

Yes, I've found the FM off all around. The roll rate seemed very excessive and the pitch response very poor.

I've not seen any fixes.

Looks like it's time again for a badass FM overhall!!!

.... which I don't know how to do :grin:

Edited by exhausted

have you pulled the SF2 A-6A data ini and compared the aerodynamic statments???? (as in, you really shouldn't use 1stGen data inis on the SF2 aircaft)

I also agree, the roll rate is too high (on all of them, A-6E, A-6E_79 (aka:TRAM) and EA-6B -all stock birds

I've not been able to find any reliable sources online, that is, any that provide actual, verifiable data.

I do recall reading an anecdotal piece claiming that an A-6 in clean configuration had a roll rate that was superior to that of an F-4 Phantom, and that it was certainly way better in that regard than the MiG-17 (that last one was proven to be true in combat). I also recall someone favorably comparing (again, in obviously clean configuration), the A-6 to the F-86 Sabre!

We do have at least one member here at CA with time-in-type. Perhaps he'll chime in.... :salute:

Edited by Fubar512

For what it's worth, check out the movie clips on You Tube of A-6 Intruders in flight - a few real in-flight clips from the movie Flight of the Intruder show tremendous roll rates with clean wings. Remember that the F-14 has great roll response with spoilers only also, and those of the A-6 are mounted so far outboard that great roll response should be no surprise. Perhaps not greater than an F-16, but I would bet better than an F-4....again, someone with real A-6 flight time could comment please.

Edited by mppd