Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Bloody April

Excellent videos sir. Thank you very much for sharing. I had not seen them before.

Hellshade

I hadn't seem them either carrick although my interest in WWI aviation doesn't go back very far. Thanks for posting. :good:

:drinks: If any knows, its Olham or Lou . It may very well be some are in German. I know the Movie Red Baron was in German.

:drinks: If any knows, its Olham or Lou . It may very well be some are in German. I know the Movie Red Baron was in German.

Right now I am watching the German uboat movie Das Boot with English subtitles. A bit off topic but very well done if you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j3ug4Nflfs

Shiloh, I can't say "enjoy it", cause it is quite hard in wide parts, but you know what I mean.

"Das Boot" is for me one of the top rank films about the second world war.

Although the author Lothar Buchheim found it still too movie-like, I as one who has not been

there, find that it brings the whole story, the claustrophobic athmosphere closer to me than

I sometimes wanted. After watching it, I needed a shower - I felt like stinking from oil, bilge

water and two-weeks-old sweat.

From all I've read here in this forum before about the film, it is able to make you feel deeply

with the submarine crew - no matter which nationality - and that makes it at the same time

a "war movie" and an anti war film IMHO.

Edited by Olham

I remember when I saw this DVD at home . After the 1st 30 mins, I had to Pause and Open all the windows. The film was all too confining. ( It is one of my favorites)