Sign in to follow this  
rjw

Vid Capture OFF - Jasta 18 DVII downs Camel

I was surprised to see the troop movement while capturing a video for a friend interested in OFF. I thought I would post it in YouTube for general viewing for anyone in the forum interested in it.

It's quite common actually. The Devs put a lot of work into re-creating the war. When there are big battles at the front, expect to see tanks, troops and support vehicles duking it out with one another, in addition to the arty rounds and AA.

Nice video too sir. I hope your friend joins the war with us. If he needs any more convincing, I created a video called "The Over Flanders Fields Experience" that shows off some of the potential of this flight sim. It's about 5 minutes long and gives a fairly comprehensive overview of what you can expect when you fly Over Flanders Fields. Feel free to share it with anyone who might be interested. It can be viewed in up to 1080P for quality.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

rjw, you haven't seen it all yet - there are even cavalry in some sectors!

But I don't get what you need all the instruments for, holy Moly!

If you should ever want to switch them off, you only need to press the keys Ctrl. + 1, Ctrl. + 2, Ctrl. + 3 etc.

You can press the number repeatedly to switch through all gauges, and at last that gauge will disappear.

That way you can switch off the gauges you don't need.

You can grab each gauge and even the blue text, and move it where you want it.

And with the key F5 you can switch Gauges + Text on and off.

Hellshade, your video is like a marketing commercial, and I hope you will make some more of that kind,

once OFF II will be released.

It's quite common actually. The Devs put a lot of work into re-creating the war. When there are big battles at the front, expect to see tanks, troops and support vehicles duking it out with one another, in addition to the arty rounds and AA.

Nice video too sir. I hope your friend joins the war with us. If he needs any more convincing, I created a video called "The Over Flanders Fields Experience" that shows off some of the potential of this flight sim. It's about 5 minutes long and gives a fairly comprehensive overview of what you can expect when you fly Over Flanders Fields. Feel free to share it with anyone who might be interested. It can be viewed in up to 1080P for quality.

Hellshade

Thanks Hellshade I appreciate the vid.

rjw, you haven't seen it all yet - there are even cavalry in some sectors!

But I don't get what you need all the instruments for, holy Moly!

If you should ever want to switch them off, you only need to press the keys Ctrl. + 1, Ctrl. + 2, Ctrl. + 3 etc.

You can press the number repeatedly to switch through all gauges, and at last that gauge will disappear.

That way you can switch off the gauges you don't need.

You can grab each gauge and even the blue text, and move it where you want it.

And with the key F5 you can switch Gauges + Text on and off.

Hellshade, your video is like a marketing commercial, and I hope you will make some more of that kind,

Thanks Olham, I understand your point. I just turned them all on for the benefit of my friend. There are really more things than I can possible show in one video but I wanted him to see some of the aids available for a new pilot in OFF.

Best Regards;

Hellshade

By the way Hellshade, I forgot to ask what s/w u used for the Text overlays in your vids. I really like that feature.

By the way Hellshade, I forgot to ask what s/w u used for the Text overlays in your vids. I really like that feature.

AVS Video Editor. It was about $60 when I purchased it a few years ago. Adds all kinds of font styles, transitions, video effects and video format conversion options. Well worth the price if you plan on doing it as a hobby like I have.

Hellshade

That that was the purpose of that video exactly. A mini marketing commercial to help sell people on the sim. I'm looking forward to doing more of those for OFF 2. I also have a few more ideas for types of videos that will show off OFF 2, both in terms of features and the experience.

Hellshade

Er, minor thing perhaps, but I saw the pilot's hands in that video! I don't think that happens for me. Is there an add-on?

Thanks, nice videos!

Tom

Er, minor thing perhaps, but I saw the pilot's hands in that video! I don't think that happens for me. Is there an add-on?

Thanks, nice videos!

Tom

Some of the planes were modeled with pilots in the cockpit and others were not. It was a subject of some controversy when P3 first came out. I'm not sure which way the devs will go with P4 but I think , according to the preview movie they released, they decided to get rid of the pilot and go with the empty cockpit view. But for now, some P3 planes have them and some do not.

Hellshade