Andy73

New Sounds for you...

@Andy73

@Creaghorn

Please check your PM for the grand bundle of JSGME-Ready OFF Sound Mods I promised. I hope you would check them over for errors. If you approve, then I can either let you upgrade your own mods in the Download Section, or I can release the Grand Bundle myself.

I personally installed JSGME utility on my own rig in the C:\OBDSoftware directory. I loaded all the OFF Sound Mods into my renamed MOD (I renamed it OFFMOD) folder in that directory. I activated all of Creaghorn's Mods in order of his release date and I got several warnings that I was about to overwrite certain files from a previously activated mod, which I ignored. Then I activate all of Andy73's Sound Mods, ignoring the 'overwriting certain files' warnings again.

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!

I could very easily have combined all the sound mods into one large mod. But that would have removed the option to hear the effects of each individual mod in the sim.

OlPaint

Edited by OlPaint01

@Andy73

@Creaghorn

Opps, CA will not permit me to send my Grand Bundle of JSGME-Ready OFF Sound Mods to you in a PM. Can I email the files to you guys? It is about 497MB of RAR formatted file. Also, I do not have permissions to upload the file to CA Download Section either.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Hello M8s

I am still having issues with CA Download Section upload portal. It still will not accept my Grand Bundle of Sounds Mods.

OTOH, I found a neat Large File Transfer Service "Email Large Files Secure File Transfer" subscriber website:

(http://emaillargefile.net/index.aspx)

and I have successfully uploaded my 'Grand Bundle of OFF Sounds Mods JSGME Enabled'. It is a huge 497MB .RAR file.

It is available for download at this address:

(https://b2.emaillarg.../p/KU3RQYTEDWXN)

Please use password 'abc123' for access.

Let me know what you think of the Grand Bundle. It surely makes testing and swapping Mods in and out "easily peasy, lemon squeezy!" IMHO, we should all standardize our Mods to be JSGME friendly format.

Doyle Painter

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

I installed it yesterday and personally I think it's great. I linked a short QC video in the screen shots and video section if you want to hear the guns and engine sounds. Thanks a ton to all of the modders who did their various parts and thanks to OlPaint01 for wrapping it all up into one easy bundle for us. Salute.gif

Hellshade

@Hellshade

I found your lastest video posted on YouTube.

Man, the sound of the Spandau guns popping and Mercedes engine howling with you in your DVIIF cockpit is just too sweet!!! Creaghorn and Andy73 have out done themselves. And talk about immersion! I can actually hear the SE5a's pilot struggling with his engine hit and gone south. And the bullet strikes finding their mark. Wow!!!

Thanks for trying out the Grand Bundle of OFF Sounds Mods. IMHO, we should standardize all our Mods to be JSGME friendly.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Hello M8s

I am still having issues with CA Download Section upload portal. It still will not accept my Grand Bundle of Sounds Mods.

OTOH, I found a neat Large File Transfer Service "Email Large Files Secure File Transfer" subscriber website:

(http://emaillargefile.net/index.aspx)

and I have successfully uploaded my 'Grand Bundle of OFF Sounds Mods JSGME Enabled'. It is a huge 497MB .RAR file.

It is available for download at this address:

(https://b2.emaillarg.../p/KU3RQYTEDWXN)

Please use password 'abc123' for access.

Let me know what you think of the Grand Bundle. It surely makes testing and swapping Mods in and out "easily peasy, lemon squeezy!" IMHO, we should all standardize our Mods to be JSGME friendly format.

Doyle Painter

OlPaint01

Thanks to everyone involved in this mod and to OlPaint for putting it together. That second link isn't working and the first one requires that I set up an account which I'd rather not do. Any suggestions?

Edited by Shiloh

OlPaint1,

I'd like to try the soundmod, too, and I was wondering what your issues are with the Download section? Is it not accepting the file format or is it the size of the file? If it is the file format, just wrap it up in a zipfile folder. If it is the size, perhaps you can delete some of your content on Combatace to free up some space on the forum?

If you have already tried this, I apologize. Good luck!

@Shiloh

I apoloogize for the misdirection... This is the first time I used the Large File Transfer Website and I inadvertantly gave the link to the Administration Page. Sorry. Try this link below instead.

Please follow the link below to access the files in the package.

https://b2.emaillargefile.net:441/s/VWWZIWILGRVBE

This Grand Bundle contains Sounds Mods by Creaghorn and Andy73 for OBDSoftware Over Flanders Fields:Hat in the Ring WW1 combat flight sim enabled for JSGME.

Please enter the Package password: 'abc123' on the opening screen. Leave off the single quotes, of course.

@HPW

Left me try to upload again to CA Download Section. I thought the RAR compression format was good enough to accomplish the task. I'll try wrapping that file in ZIP and try once more. Thanks for the tip.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Downloading now - thanks buddy! :salute:

Thanks to OlPaint for his nice Work ! Everything is working fine. I've send a few Upgrades to him for this Package last Week, now you will have new Gun Sounds for the Vickers Machine Gun, which I like very much, and some new Engine Sounds for some AI-Planes. This is the Final Version of my Sound-Mods, and I hope you all enjoy this Stuff :drinks:

Cheers, Andy

Thank you very much Andy. Your work is greatly appreciated sir. Salute.gif

Hellshade

@HPW

I am still failing to upload my two Grand Bundle files (Sound and Realism) to CombatAce Download Section upload portal. I sent a trouble ticket to Webmaster@combatace.com.

Do the links to the EmailLargeFile.Net transfer website work for you?

OlPaint01

I downloaded off of your site yesterday and installed it without problems.

Thank you very much,

Beard

OOPS. I think I figured out the issue with downloads from the EmailLargeFiles transfer service I am using.

The Link that I just post here in the forum is good for only one download - only one!. Dooh! I have been sending the link information and password to myself and copying that unique link to the forum posted link. Once the first 'anyone' grabs the file with that posted link it is essentially locked out to any further downloads.

So, the transfer service site requires that I send the download link out to individual email addresses. I am guessing that is what makes the download accounting on the transfer service work for record keeping.

So, until I figure out how to get authorized to upload to CA Download Section, Please send me a PM with your email addie and I will link you to both the Sound Bundle and the Realism Bundle downloads.

Olpaint01

Well Folks, I successfully uploaded the Sounds Mods bundle to CA Download Section. I finally discovered that only the Chrome browser worked for me to make the transfer. So here is the link

http://combatace.com/topic/72621-grand-bundle-sounds-mods-jsgme-enabled/

Enjoy.

Olpaint01

Edited by OlPaint01