I know I have read something about this, but I cant seem to find anything in the search. I am having these really long shawdows on objects... not all the time, just occasionally. Heres a shot. I also want to know if I can tweak the graphics so buildings and stuff stop fading in and out when im close... I would like to have them fade but from much farther away. Thanks in advance guys!

System specs...

Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan

2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

(3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition

850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Have it on unlimited graphics, still getting around 65 FPS

System specs...

What for?

The "long shadow" bug on pit1.LOD is a well known issue for years -caused by fault (hole) in stock Thirdwire mesh.

As for fading, trust me I spend helluva time on the flightengine, terrain data settings and teralphaobject.fx shader to make the objects fade at longer distance to no luck so far, hardcoded somewhere (executable level?)

Hrmm, i never had that issue (with the pit)., but i have a hole on the TW tomcat's right wheel.

What for?

The "long shadow" bug on pit1.LOD is a well known issue for years -caused by fault (hole) in stock Thirdwire mesh.

As for fading, trust me I spend helluva time on the flightengine, terrain data settings and teralphaobject.fx shader to make the objects fade at longer distance to no luck so far, hardcoded somewhere (executable level?)

Because its fun to know what other people run, and I'm Nosey.

Edited by SkateZilla

copy/paste this into a blank notepad sheet:

[LOD001]

Filename=pit1.lod

Distance=6000

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE

ShadowCastDist=500

MaxVisibleDistance=2000

"save as..." Pit1.ini, and place into EVERY SINGLE TERRAIN FOLDER!!! You8'll also find it in just about everyone one of my terrai mods (from last year, forward)

Hrmm, i never had that issue (with the phantom)., but i have a hole on the TW tomcat's right wheel.

SZ, if you look closely you'll notice it's not Phantom's shadow issue but originates from that infamous pit1.LOD in the background

oh, the airbase scenery object lod.... that explains that, as I do 95% of my missions from the Carriers.

Thanks Wrench, seems to have worked. :drinks:

If only we had air to air refuel and populated decks in Nam.... shame really.