Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Czech Pilots in RAF Squadrons - Parts 1 and 2

Here is some great colour footage filmed with RAF squadrons, which had

Czech pilots as well as pilots from other nations in them.

This is not only interesting for the reason that there were Czech and other nation's pilots in these squads;

you can also see how the fighter planes were made ready for their sorties in good detail here.

Here is the note from the uploader:

Rare, original coloured movie from GB 1942/43, but this movie have not original sound.

So, If you are boring repetitive sound, please change music off. Movie from 310(cz).

squadron, 312(cz). squadron and 313(cz). sq. In cz. squadrons (1940/45) were also pilots

from another nations: 46 british (Best: J.J. Jefferies-Latimer 6 victories), 18 jews

(Best: O.Smik 10 victories), 3 canadians, 1 american, 1 irish, 1 polish pilot and 5-10%

of Slovakians (best J.K.Ambruš 2 victories). The best of Czech, who fighted in Czechoslovak

squadrons was A.Vašátko 15 victories.

Czech Pilots in RAF Service - Part 1

Czech Pilots in RAF Service - Part 2

I can recommend the "Bloody Foreigners" Series as well; esp the one about the Polish pilots.

Well, I didn't mean to demonstrate so much the assistance of foreign pilots for the RAF, Jonathan;

first of all I thought, this footage might be interesting for all who are interested in fighter squadrons,

and how they prepare for their sorties.

I had never seen so much material about the RAF flight preparations.

Thanks Olham, fascinating stuff - looks like it was filmed only yesterday! :salute:

Love the dog that seemingly gets blown off the wing by the prop. :rofl:

Edited by MikeDixonUK

Well, I didn't mean to demonstrate so much the assistance of foreign pilots for the RAF, Jonathan;

first of all I thought, this footage might be interesting for all who are interested in fighter squadrons,

and how they prepare for their sorties.

I had never seen so much material about the RAF flight preparations.

This may be how the A/c got its name

http://youtu.be/frTA1PVmY_w

What I find odd is the context. "Hi chaps, don't mind if I film you tinkering with the engine and guns in your Spitfire do you?" "Not at all, Old Bean. Carry on. It's not as if it's a front line weapon system or anyth.... err".

In Wartime Britain there were foreigners locked up just for saying V instead of W or not knowing what a 'tanner' was. (A sixpence). I wouldn't like to be the chap caught filming this by his WO. They'd have transported him to Australia most likely, held him upside down over a barbeque all the way there.

Well, I guess the footage I posted was filmed by some RAF personnel or a film crew they ordered to.

After all they had to get at the airfield, which - I think - would be a closed military area.

Might also be, that one of the Czech pilots just filmed it without asking for allowance -

and without getting caught.

Edited by Olham