I was wondering if any modder had time it they could make a "generic" 30mm AA gun. somethin basicaly like the 40mm bofors or the ZP-30 that are available but with twin barrels. A few nations used guns in this catagory and with a generic gun it can be used for many aplications. I know that time is scarce for medders but I figured I'd throw this out there. Thank you for your time.

edited to add pics.

post-5105-0-24578900-1336762837.jpg

post-5105-0-08475600-1336762848.jpg

post-5105-0-59338300-1336762867.jpg

Edited by whiteknight06604

wasn't ther something like that in the Falklands mods??

edit:

yes, its called "OerlikonAAA", and is a dualmount 35mm. It'll need some updating, and a userlist as more than just Argentina used it.

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oerlikon_35_mm_twin_cannon

part of the Skyguard system, so will definately need updating for SF2. Problem being, if you hand-place, and call specifically the radar and gun mounts, they won't show on the RWR. Standard bug

Edited by Wrench

Yeah I have that but it has a very distinctive look. it unfortunatly can"t be used to simulate the early chinese or Czech AA guns. I tried to use the "remove" part trick on it but I guess you can't get that to work on ground objects(or at least I can't) ;)

Czech AA? I hear you :-) (proud czech:-) ) what type of gun do you need?

Monty CZ

the remove component don't work on ground objects - I've tried it too!

hey, if Monty is on the case, you'll get what you need. He's DA MAN!!! :good:

here's a 'detuned' version of the Oerlikon 35 dual mount, without radar, as originally produced in the early 60. You'll need the 35mm_KDA gun (also used on the Gepard SPAAG), but you should have that. It's called "2ZLA", and just ignore the userlist it's not active, and designed for the later version with Skygurad

Edited by Wrench

I was thinking something like the M53 but generic enought to be used for the chinese Type 65 37mm. but to be honest anything would be great.

question for you Wrench. you can't remove commponents but can you add something like maybe a few extra crew as if they were a missile?

you mean an M1939??

it has a shadow issue, so leave it turned off

---

I don't think you can add things either, but I've never tried, but really doubt it

Edited by Wrench

I use the Oerlikon as the Chinese Type 95. the chinese use a copy of the Oerlikon but I think they started to use it in the 80's The M53 and the type 65 are earlier.

Thanks for all the info and help Wrench and thanks for the interest Monty.

M1939 was single barrel the types I'm looking for are twins.

uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh..... twins!!!! :heat::yikes::rofl: