Sign in to follow this  
suhsjake

Looking for a good racing game

As the topic says, I am looking for a good racing game. I have my rally car fix with Dirt and Dirt 2, but I would like a hard track based game. I wish they made Forza Motorsport for PC, but Microsoft sucks, and they won't port it over. I prefer more common like Mustangs and Subarus over Super Cars, Hyper Cars, and F1 Cars. No NASCAR. I prefer realism over arcade, and I love tweaking my vehicle with new parts and stuff like that.

Pointers appreciated.

As the topic says, I am looking for a good racing game. I have my rally car fix with Dirt and Dirt 2, but I would like a hard track based game. I wish they made Forza Motorsport for PC, but Microsoft sucks, and they won't port it over. I prefer more common like Mustangs and Subarus over Super Cars, Hyper Cars, and F1 Cars. No NASCAR. I prefer realism over arcade, and I love tweaking my vehicle with new parts and stuff like that.

Pointers appreciated.

GT Legends is my personal favourite, and GTR2 is also good. Cheap as chips too, and heaps of mods. There, are newer (and more expensive) versions from SimBin, but these two are classics!

015-3.jpg

My first car was an RX-3 coupe. So, I have the RX-3 mod of course, and this is the racetrack - Manfield - where I grew up (pretty amazing when you think I grew up in a small New Zealand town and here's a sim of my local racetrack!) :

For racers, not arcaders, but very scaleable for difficulty. I only get to race casually so offline/amateur level works really nice for me. Plays fine with a good joystick too, so you don't need to buy wheel and pedals unless you want to.

http://www.simbin.se/games/

http://www.nogripracing.com/index.php

Good Luck!

KB

GT5 is great fun but like Forza, no PC port.

Have you looked at iRacing? Don't let the name fool you, it's for Windows. It has partnerships with the SCCA and Grand-Am among others. Good track list too, although it doesn't have the Circuit de la Sarthe.

Then there's also Project C.A.R.S.

But I play Forza so I'm not really knowledgeable about racing on the PC.

Edited by Viggen

I just need to buy an Xbox 360.

Thats my thoughts as well when it comes to a good racing game on the PC... currently running for racing Test Drive Unlimited and Test Drive Unlimited 2 why both simple no bikes in TDU2 grrr...

I just need to buy an Xbox 360.

Now your talking! Don't get me wrong I love my PC games but consols "ROCK"! Plug and play.

I like Race 07 and its expansions. The one is called Retro and it has these:

• 1968 Volvo Amazon
  • 1972 Volvo P1800 ES
  • 1971 BMW 2002
  • 1968 Mini Cooper S
  • 1971 Opel Commodore GS 3001
  • 1973 BMW 3.0 CSL
  • 1974 Chevrolet Corvette
  • 1970 Chevrolet Camaro

Not sure why the C&P put that in there, it was since it was outta Steam I guess.

Race On, GTR Evo, STCC, WTCC...there are a ton of cars and tracks in them. I have GT Legends installed as well. Haven't had GTR2 installed in awhile, but might get back to it.

Oh, you can tweak the setups but there are no "new parts". It's more a classic racing game.