Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 N1K1 Rex and N1K2-J George

SF2 N1K1 Rex and N1K2-J George

SF2 N1K1 "Rex" and N1K2-J 'George"

-- Something for the PTO players --

= For SF2, Full-4/5 Merged (Reccomended/Preferred) =

*There is a possibility that this mod will =NOT= work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs, due to the excessive modifications made to fit them into the SF2 environment. Also, the DestroyedModel referenced for both aircraft 'looks' for the SF2V A-1 Skyraider, hence the Full 4/5 Merged reccomendation*

Mods/reskins/redcals for Wolf257's IJN fighter, and Pasko's Rex Floatplane. This package contains BOTH full aircraft:

N1K1 Kyofu "Rex" by Pasko, with both it's skins/decals

"Black" - Ohtsu Kokutai, Lake Biwa, Japan, Sept. 1944

"Green" 22 Kokutai, Balikpapan, Borneo, 1945

N1K2-J Skinden-kai "George" by Wolf257, with 3 skins/decals

"343" Genda's Squadron of Experts

"IJN" 210 Kokutai, Phillipines, 1944 (real Ku used the early model mid-wing N1K1-J)

"IJN2" Yokosuka Air Group, 1945, Home Islands Defense

All George skins are in jpg format, the Rex keeps them in bmp as they are quite small (512x), and conveting them might loose some detailing (meaning: I didn't want to create new templates, and they look OK as they are). Decal Randomization is TRUE. Both get new SF2 versions of the original 'box art' hangar screens.

All weapons, (ok a new drop tank), pilot figures, are included. A new (almost) SF2-compliant FM for bot was created. As always, since I'm really not an FM Guru, further tweeks/adjustments are necessary. Also, the physical models are quite old, and any flaws/defects/etc cannot be repaired/fixed/etc. It is as it is. The "FakePilot" method is used on the George to add the belly pylon. Outerpylons are still 'not there' for bombs. Damage textures are the 'original' tgas from Gen1.

Stary was kind enough to revist and fiddle a new cockpit for the George; the Rex keeps it's original release version.

Both have semi-compliant SF2 Flight Models, but they do need further fine tuning by experts. All lighting on both aircraft is 100% historically correct.

For those wishing to create other serials, the "TNum.psd" can be found in the Decals folders for the proper skins.

As always, fairly easy to follow, highly detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too. All original readmes, when locatable, are included for historical purposes

Good Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

Thanks!

Updated stand-in cockpit, with slightly reshaped front framing, dashboard shape and few changes you'll not notice, also slightly better bit wathered textures

to be extracted to cockpit folder, overwrite:

Shiden cockpit UPDATED.zip

cool!

thanks brudda!!!

two issues:

no guns? having AVH's pack installed...

WHERE THE HELL could someone tell me can I find proper working up to date WW2 nationslist.ini, been searching at CA for no luck?

one more thing, as Kevin's upload introduces A6M gunsight image, here's clear graphic for my build-into-model one, removing it

clear GUNSIGHT.zip

to be added to Shiden-kai cockpit folder, overwrite

(man I hate those stock floating gunsights all along now!)

don't use the AvHis ones .. the whole thing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over complicated!!!

the WW2 guns are in the GunnyPak.

If anyone else is having probs, I'll just zip and upload my whole /Guns folder (which will be necessary when I get the ships together, anyway)

ww2 nations ini here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13095-ww2-nations-formations-inis/

i uploaded it in June

goodie -as for AV pack, I had to rename the Type 99-2 to match the AVH names, hadn't any Type-2 in my pack, but Ho were there from other plane (Ki-43?)

Kevin I think it would be good to build a "basic ww2 install core files" pack with the up to date and working nations, formations, guns, etc, whatta think?

George has very nice FM, thanks!

gun pack is up!

what I really need to do is assemble the full ww2 sf2 wepons pak -- axis, allied, and whomever!

i'll never finish KAW and the Panama map at this rate!!! :biggrin:

heh true, no rush... I'm one-foot back into SF WW2, and find alot of files are hard to find taht's why I was asking

also still my nations.ini isn't working and maps start dates are around 1948, even the WW2 ones by you

options ini start date adjutments?

put it to 1930

set at 1939, doesn't work for me