Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Spike

anybody ever have this idea or just me?

you know how on top gun you got the fictional MiG-28 yeah

its not Soviet and its not any middle eastern country in the real world (though you know its supposed to be)

well you know paran, the fictional nation from strike fighters

well i created a new campaign set in 1988 dhimar with the idea that like the gulf war, the dhimar paran conflict restarted again, i then added the MiG-28 (F-5e) to the paran aircraft fleet and set the americans to fly tomcats and F-5s (as well as the usual A-4s)

i also changed the paran insignia to this one and created some black paran skins for all the other migs (changing them in the campaign file)

mig-28_3.jpg

and by golly i got myself a kind of top gun campaign (its incomplete yet i still have more i wanna do to it) ......im just wondering if anyone else ever thought to do that since i havent seen anything on here about it lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Tupolev Tu-16 'Badger-A' Paran Air Force
      Tupolev Tu-16 'Badger-A' for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock AI Third Wire Tu-16 to give a flyable Tu-16 'Badger' in service with the Empire of Paran Air Force with markings for No.1 Heavy Bomber Brigade.

COCKPIT
      There is not really a totally suitable pit for this aircraft so I've decided not to include one but you will be sat in the right place (offset to port) and you will have a gun sight and a ground mapping radar. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Tu-16_Pa folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Tu-16_Pa folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it! 

FLYING THE BADGER
      It's so easy to scrape the tail when taking off so let the Badger 'auto take-off' by setting flaps and full power, release the brakes and the nose will lift at 260kmh and it will lift off the runway soon after. I've had good results by releasing my bombs at 10km away from the target whilst at 6,000m altitude but the Badger will happily cruise at 9,000m and at that height you should release your bombs at about 12km away from the target or just a bit more. Remember that the Badger has a fixed forward-firing 23mm cannon so if your bombs miss the fuel tank then get down nice and low and take it out that way!
      To help you land the Badger I've added fake airbrakes which will slow you down enough so it's just a matter of lining up the runway from a fair old distance and making a nice 'greaser' of a landing. It does sometimes help to push the stick forward to overcome the bounciness of the landing gear.

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 22nd, 2023

Submitter Spinners Submitted 09/08/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Tupolev Tu-16 'Badger-A' for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock AI Third Wire Tu-16 to give a flyable Tu-16 'Badger' in service with the Empire of Paran Air Force with markings for No.1 Heavy Bomber Brigade.

COCKPIT
      There is not really a totally suitable pit for this aircraft so I've decided not to include one but you will be sat in the right place (offset to port) and you will have a gun sight and a ground mapping radar. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Tu-16_Pa folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Tu-16_Pa folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it! 

FLYING THE BADGER
      It's so easy to scrape the tail when taking off so let the Badger 'auto take-off' by setting flaps and full power, release the brakes and the nose will lift at 260kmh and it will lift off the runway soon after. I've had good results by releasing my bombs at 10km away from the target whilst at 6,000m altitude but the Badger will happily cruise at 9,000m and at that height you should release your bombs at about 12km away from the target or just a bit more. Remember that the Badger has a fixed forward-firing 23mm cannon so if your bombs miss the fuel tank then get down nice and low and take it out that way!
      To help you land the Badger I've added fake airbrakes which will slow you down enough so it's just a matter of lining up the runway from a fair old distance and making a nice 'greaser' of a landing. It does sometimes help to push the stick forward to overcome the bounciness of the landing gear.

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 22nd, 2023

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Fiat G.55 Centauro for Strike Fighters 2
      Fiat G.55 Centauro for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of Veltro2K's Fiat G.55 Centauro to create a fictional Fiat G.55 Centauro in service with the Turkish Air Force in the 1944-1949 timeline. Also included is a Parani Army Air Force skin (in fact, this mod is set up as a Parani aircraft).

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Centauro folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Centauro folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the SOUNDS folder drag and drop the Bf109G folder into your Sounds folder.
      4. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop all three folders into your Weapons folder.
      That's it, although you might want to use the WW2 pilot of your choice. Please note that the 3D model has a tiny bit of 'decal bleed' on the port side of the nose.

CREDITS
      Thanks to Veltro2K for making the G.55 Centauro 3D model.
      Thanks to Charles for the original skins and also for the flight model.
      Thanks to Kesselbrut and Capun for the cockpit.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 24/10/2020
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 10/24/2020 Category What If Hangar  
    • By toot

View File Parani Su-27
      What if skin of the Bandinos Su-27 if it were to enter the Parani Air Force. Enjoy!

Simply drop the files as adviced in the "ReadMe" text file included.

Credits:
      Torno, for the awesome mod and skin template.

Submitter toot Submitted 01/14/2023 Category Other Origin  
    • By toot
      What if skin of the Bandinos Su-27 if it were to enter the Parani Air Force. Enjoy!

Simply drop the files as adviced in the "ReadMe" text file included.

Credits:
      Torno, for the awesome mod and skin template.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..