Could someone please tell me where I can get a good fuel-air explosive effect? I dug up some CBU-72s and Russian FAE bombs from my old SF1 install, but I don't have an appropriate effect for them, i.e. something that

. Can't seem to find anything in the effects packs I have.

You might be able to make something. Use the small nuke explosion, modify the nuke shock wave to be more transparent, and remove the flash in the effects. You'll probably be pretty close.

Could someone please tell me where I can get a good fuel-air explosive effect? I dug up some CBU-72s and Russian FAE bombs from my old SF1 install, but I don't have an appropriate effect for them, i.e. something that

. Can't seem to find anything in the effects packs I have.

I don't remember how the effect looked but do you have FAEBombEffects ini in your effects folder and called out in the weapon data?

IIRC, the Desert Storm mod had one, but it sort of sucked because:

A. basically the air filled with clouds in a small area and then the clouds faded. No big bang.

B. It had no effect against tanks

I would love to see a new really cool effect (and some weapon tweaks), but I really have never tried effects modding myself and don't have much (read: any) time now that school has started.

Edited by eaglef15strike

Thanks; I tried out the FAEBombEffect KJakker posted, but I'm not seeing any in-game effect for it. The bomb just falls, disappears, and objects in its blast radius (or where its blast would be) just get destroyed. I found and re-added the FAEball.tga and aniexplode.tga that it points to, but no luck. Anyone have any version of this effect that's confirmed working?

Edited by WhiteBoySamurai

Do you have the effect class section in the data ini of your bombs ?

Should look similar to this:

[WeaponData001]

[FAEBombEffect]

GroundHitEffectName=FAEBombEffect

GroundHitSoundName=BigExplosion.wav

WaterHitEffectName=FAEBombEffect

WaterHitSoundName=BigExplosion.wav

ObjectHitEffectName=FAEBombEffect

ObjectHitSoundName=BigExplosion.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=FAEBombEffectt

ArmorHitSoundName=BigExplosion.wav

AirBurstEffectName=FAEBombEffect

AirBurstSoundName=BigExplosion.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=

The section header [FAEBombEffect] is called by the EffectClassName= in the weapondata section.

BigExplosion.wav is a stock sound, if you want to use a custom sound a entry for it must be added to the soundlist.ini

That did the trick. Thanks a lot!

If anyone else is having trouble with the FAE and related effects for any reason, I'll post the files here on request.