Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

World of Tanks

Guess WoT has run its course for us, eh?

No really. Im still driving my tanks.

Was driving along the last 3 days and have killed a couple tanks ... they called me "cheater" cause I have used a kind of cheater camo Cause their tanks couldn`t spot my tiger on an open field.

Damn and I had a blast with my Loltracktor and Panzer II, the E100 doesnt make fun, I think I will sell it.. ok thats a loose of over 3 million but paying 4000 for each shot with the stock gun ... not with me

Panzer II is cool. I have a lot of fun with it. As i already said: The real fun is at the low tiers!

Two days ago i had a cool battle which shows, that not always the team wins, which got far more kills.

It was in Himmelsdorf, Wintermap. My team was on the north base. 5 of us, 3 T-18, 1 Vickers MkVII and my PzII rushed the hill. Near the castle we faced only one enemy vehicle, a Cruiser MkIII. The T-18s and the Cruiser exchanged some fire, damaged each other, but got no kills. Then both sides hides and waited. Dont Know why 3 T-18s waited if the Cruiser had only 22% lifepoints left. But no matter, i arrived the scene, drove to the hiding Cruiser and gave him a full salvo, which killed him. He had had no chance to fire one round. Then our 5 tank team drove down the hill to capture the enemy base. In the meantime the rest of our team lost the battle without killing some enemies, so that we 5 faced 14 enemies. And at this point the enemy made a big mistake. Instead to capture our base he tried to kill all of us. Then we were with 3 vehicles in the base to capture, while 2 T-18 covered the main entrances. While we conquered the base i shot one enemy Vickers MkVII into a wreck, the T-18s got 5 kills, while we lost 2 T-18s. And finally we won by capturing the base with 3 vehicles alive vs 8 enemies.

Cool.

Ok I have now the Panther with the topgun, but the damage output is so damn low, that the enemy starts to ignore you if you are not alone. Feels strange, the drive along you, ignore you and fight your teamates behind you! .. happen more then once.

under 4 Sec reload

135 dmg

198 pene

1300 HP

On Tier VII, not the best statistics, you need half the game to kill one tank!

Thatswhy the Panther is not very loved in game. The VK3002M is much better and brings much more fun.

The higher tiers mediums are all difficult to play. There are only few maps where you can really use the strength of a med, while the most maps prefer the heavies.

On US Server i went from Panther to the Indien Panzer and then to the Leo Prototype A. Its painfull. Perhaps the way to PantherII and E50 is better. These vehicles have armour, while the Leo has only paper.

With mediums, you need to wait the very first minutes, after this and only when the situation allows it, go hunt down the damaged tanks. I have a camonet on my VK3002 and it works fine.

The Panther can penetrate the KV-1S Turret without problems, even IS1 doesnt cause a problem. Only the dmg you deal is a bit ... aaarrrrggggghhhhh

With the long 75mm gun of Panther you can also penetrate a Type59 or a T-54, but killing is very difficult. As you said. With the 88mm i had no real success on Panther. The pene was to weak.

With my T-54 i have now enough exp to get one of the top guns. But i dont know which i should choose. The D-10TC (correct it would be D-10TS TS= tank gun with stabilisator, because the russians have no letter C) with weaker penne but higher accurancy or the D-54TS with better pene and weaker accuracy. Any idea?

Edited by Gepard

Yesterday I have killer a Tiger 1 with a Panther Pic a Boo play! He bounced 3 times and my Reload was faster .. damn that was a hell of fun for me. Ok a Su-152 bounced to but killed me later. No idea how those two tanks could bounce on my Panther but I realy start to like it alot!

I am constantly moving and turning around so the chance of bouncing is increased.

But beware of the Panther, this tank is you don`t know what to do, or have less luck as I do, keep your fingers far away from it!!! It will suck a lot very soon!

To your Guns, I prefer a Bigboom gun or a decent reload with a nice DPR, the Tiger 2 gun is nice, the long 88 also. I prefere the long 122 on the su-152 than the derp 152, why, cause its a very strong fast firering gun

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

I took the D-10TS gun. The pene is 5% weaker but reload time is little bit faster and the accurancy is better. The battles are more fun now, but the ammo costs are increadible high. The T-54 is now a fun tank for money burning.

1230 for AP, 1170 for HE and 4800 for Gold.

in comparision with the Leo or M-48 or Centurion the ammo is overpriced and underpowered.

The best gun for the Leo, the L7 a shot costs 1200 and can penetrate 268mm with 390 dmg

The best gun for the M49, the M68 a shot costs 1060, dmg and pene like L7 (its the same gun)

The best gun for T-54, D-10TS shot costs 1230, pene is 201mm and dmg 320.

At US Server is at the moment a special with 5x exp for first victory and 30 gold for each 10.000 exp with some vehicles (Tier 5 +)

I havent checked wheter at Euro server such a special is available.

For password change you get at the moment 300 gold as gift. Its easy earned gold. I used it to buy 2 new garage slots.

I have earned some gold to buy 6 new garage slots :D

I am Happy and have alot of free space for some new tanks, but this weekend the games are terrible, 100% of tomato teams on tour!

version 9.0 will be released on 16th of April  for Europe and 17th for US server.

With the new graphic engine i think the minimum hardware requirements will be to high for my old computer.

As feared the version 9.0 is to much for my old and outdated computer. The framerate is significantly lower, especially if one of the new high poly vehicles comes close to me. It drops till 9fps and so the game becomes unplayable for me. Unfortunatly.

Perhaps it are only the usual problems of the first day and so i will try to play in some days again. But i fear, that the time of WoT is over for me now. Its a pitty. It were over 3 years of funny and interessting tank battles.

There i would need a new motherboard. That means new processor, new graphic card, new memory chips, new harddrives etc. There i can buy a new computer already.

I have the same prob, the Garage stutters alot on my end, but the gameplay itself is "ok" and playable, but you can notice it, in comparison with the old version... My graphics are set to ultra, seems I have to tune it down.. ab bit

Ich habe mal im deutschen WOT Forum herumgeschaut. Dort gibt es etliche, die sich über fps Probleme seit dem neuen Patch beschweren. Vielleicht gibt es ja doch noch Hoffnung. Ich lade mir gerade einen neuen Grafiktreiber herunter. Mal sehen ob es besser wird.

Patch 9.0 is rubbish. With reduced graphic render i was able to get a fps rate of 20 - 25. But when an other tank appears and a fire fight start the fps rate drops to 10 - 5  and then is only slideshow.

I think i will say Good by to WoT. BTW is it allowed to sell a account?

I have lost the interest in WOT, it doesnt feel like the 8.11 looks very clinical and also the way.

Selling accounts isnt allowed,

Lets see how it will develop in the future, so far i am very interested in War Thunder.

I have nearly 20 fps with all grapics set to ultra and it drops down to 9fps sometimes, so I could set it down the old settings (look like) to be playable.

It doesnt make fun anymore with those stutters and low fps fights

On german WOT server a staff member of WG posted this file: wot_engine.zip

It switch off the multi core support and so it increase the fps rate. On my computer i saw an increase of 5 fps. Its far away from old 8.11 days, but better than what i had before.