Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

World of Tanks

Also I am on the EU Server under Beeble1... and so far yes I have bought some of the Special tanks but have been playing around 8 months and yes it is arcady but damn it is addictive...

Good to know, were are rising more and more. Try out this site:

http://www.noobmeter.com/

You can check your stats and compare players and clans. Im using also an App on my Smartphone, sometimes very interesting if you have to check your progress.

Gepard, your experience above is all too common. And not just in this game. Any coop program has the same. Everyone is out for their own points.

Having an artillery piece is nearly worthless as players will try on their own to kill it (even though they know its a higher Tier and cannot be killed by their lower Tier gun) and end up dying.

I'm frequently criticized by other players (usually those that have already died) to move from my perch and seek out targets. Why? I can be more effective from a hide and support with my large caliber gun. The idiots who charge the middle every time lead to the team's downfall and eventual loss.

Again, your experience above is where people are spending money and jumping Tiers with premium tanks without the basic understanding of how to play to best effect the outcome of a battle with their tank.

Lately, I've been randomly placed on many of these "teams".

Its truely addictive ... for some guys. And very often the "heavy players" are the ones who call "noobs" mostly and most loudly. Yesterday i had one of this guys in my team. He played an arty. My team was in advantage, we had 6, the enemy 3 vehicles. With my Leo PT A i was on good starting position for starting a scoutrun. And so i asked the arty, wheter they would give me cover. I got no response. I asked 3 times and nothing happend. No "GO" or "Wait". Nothing. Finally when it were only 2 minutes left i started the run on my own got in a knife fight with a soviet tier 10 TD, hit him twice, but was oneshoted. Okay, the guy was using Gold ammo. Shit happens, but my arty does not support me. We had had two arties and no one shot on the TD. And finally, when my Leo was a smoking wreck, the one guy called me a " brainless noob". Maybe, I reported him for insult.

After the game i checked his statistics. In a little bit more than one year playtime he fought 24.000 battles and got only 15.000 kills. So are two questions: Does he only sit in front of his computer and play WOT? And: Why he has such a bad killrate?  The answer is simple he is a WOT Gold Nerd with no idea to play this game. Conclusion: Only noobs cry "NOOOOB!!!!" :biggrin:

For X-mas a new free tank is announced. Its the Vickers Mark VIC. British light vehicle for Tier 2. Armed with a 12,7mm gun. Armour 14mm.

Something for fast selling, i think. For a  while the tier 1 and 2 battles will become unplayable for me. If to many folks playing with their machine guns, my fps rate drops drastically. I hate it.

None of the Brit tanks really impress me. I've tried to move to the Medium III after finally getting sick of being raped by the T18s in my Med II. I could outgun them, but couldnt get out of my own way fast enough to survive. I figured the Med III would be better, but it's just a larger slower tank, with the same gun. More like an undergunned Heavy. Even the Tier IV Matilda is dismal at 28 mph. Geez, no wonder Monty needed months to get his tanks in line after D-Day.

I think I'll sell it off and bid farewell to anything British, as I do not want to go light and get stuck as a damn scout!!

Anything free sounds nice, but even the T7 car got old very quick. I've still got it (cant seem to force myself to sell it), but havent played it in a while. Even if it is an Elite tank, it needs too much teamwork to win in it, and we've already gone down that path. ;)

-S

Those machinegun tanks are only good in groups and in close combat. Im not playing Tier 1-3 anymore, no idea why But I have stuck somewhere between 4 - 8(9) Those are Tanks and Tiers that make still alot of fun and you can fool around abit with the enemy.

Im now in the situation that I have also some possibilities to buy some interesting tanks:

Panther           (The VK3002M is a damn good medium and it fits my playstyle (need to check the other VK3001D))

KV2                 (152 mm Trollgun.. anything more to say)

KV150             ( 90 mm armor front and sides, makes 300 dmg per round)

Type 58          (could be interesting)

Black Prince   (heavy slow bastard, hard to fight down)

Comet            (I wish I could leave it out of the line)

I have bought the Jagdtiger but I have to say that I still have more fun with my Ferdi, that`s such a heavy armored sucker, you shoot, angle a bit, ricochet and you shoot back! Boom next one pls!

On US server i have the Panther. It is not as good as the 3002M. Its a fair tank, but the firepower is to weak for the higer tiers. Penetration is good, damage to low.

The KV-2 i have from beginning, when the KV line was not yet splittet into KV-1 and 2. Its very slow, very high, but also very powerfull. The loading time of the 152mm gun is terribly long, but if you hit, then it hurt really. I use the long 107mm gun.

The KV-150 was a painfull tank in my hands. The KV-2 is better.

The other vehicles i dont have tested so far.

With the T69, im satisfied. Its a good brawler tank. For sniping it is not mad, but for close combat its really good.

I set WoT on my kids' computer and set them up with an account. So far they are only Tier 1 with minor upgrades. Mostly we go into a Training Room and fight each other. My daighter is having the most fun and has learned to use the autotrack function pretty well. Just need her to learn to run and shoot and not sit.

WoT is having some special deals on Tier II tanks for $6-7. I'm thinking of buying them each one for kicks. Can you guys look them over and recommend a couple?

The other night, had a couple of people griping back and forth about how everyone else is a noob and they shouldnt bother lowering themselves to playing with lower Tiers. In the end, both died. I did well in the M8 Tank Killer and captured the flag with 3 kills plus alot of damage to the other side.

-Jeff

That`s funny, your kids are playing WOT, have fun with them!

I have checked the Tanks, to be honest, there is nothing I would buy, cause Premium tanks hare worse than the normal ones, they just have special limited match making and earn you some good money. 

Save the money for the tanks and buy insted some garage slots, I have spend 20€ once to buy me some free slots, but if you do it, wait till they cost only 150 Gold each. So you can get twice of the slots than normal. You should see my tankgarage ;)

Tier 2 is only the T2 Light Tank. I got one from a former special. And i must say, it is not to bad. Its fast and with the 20mm machine gun it can do some harm.

I dont know, wheter the P38H725F is available. It is a better version of the french H35. Its like a Baby Tiger, Long ago it was a very capable tank, but now are to many vehicles which can penetrate it also at Tier 2 level.

Tier 3 are Locust, T-127, FCM36, S-35, T-15, Sexton and Tetrarch. Tetrarch and T-127 were former X-mas gifts. Not to bad, but the other ones are not really good.

The S35 is great if you have to face Tier 2 and 3, then you are invincible, but often you have to fight tier4 and then it becomes difficult. And you also come into Tier5 battels, then you are needless and dead.

Thank you both for your thoughts on the tanks. There is still a lot of time left on the sale, so we'll see what Christmas brings.

Yes, the kids have fun with it. My 11 year old daughter wants a real tank now.

Cheers!

Jeff

Nice to hear. But she must learn at the low tiers first.

If you would invest money for a tier 5 gold like the good T-25 or a tier 8 KV-5 she would lose the fun very fast, because she would be destroyed very fast. First learn the walking before you try to run.  ;-)

At the german computer magazin Computerbild-Spiele is a World of Warplanes special code. Yoe get a plane for free, 500 gold and 2 days of premium. I dislike WOW, but there are combined accounts, so that the 500 gold are also available for WOT and the 2 days of premium too.

Ja, ja, die deutschen Panzer rollen wieder.

:biggrin:

No, not a higher Tier tank, but a REAL tank. Huge metal beast.

Pommes Panzers. That's great.

A real tank? Oh, thats sounds familar to me. Some month ago i was in Munster to visit the german Panzermuseum, together with my 12 years old son. He also wanted that i buy him a Leo1 tank.

Must be the age. Luckily Ft Sill is close by and they have a decent amount of armor on display. I'll take her there.

The download of patch 0.8.10 is terribly slow on european server. Either WG has big problems or my internet connection is delayed by thousands of guys who are watching YOUTube or TV online. Its a very stupid time of launching an update, one day before X-mas.

Mine was ready in the morning in only a few minutes ... that`s ok, but to be honest I have alot of fun with the new Jap tanks...... eating them alive in my Matilda!

I needed 10 hours for update. But today, the update for US server was finished after 2 hours.

And yes. The japanese tanks are nice. Nice to kill, but also nice to drive.

Do you has already seen the two new soviet meds?

I have bought the Hellcat, i have to say it was one of my biggest misstakes in wot.

I had to buy this great tank alot earlier. Its 60kmh fast and nearly invisible. you can sit infront of the enemy and firing.... and nobody knows were you are. Will skill camo and sixth sense for my crew and keep this little monster! a pure fun tank.

Wow, 10 hours to update. Both of our computers were updated in under 30 minutes.

The Hellcat is on my to buy list as I progress. You said it all. It's a real killer.

The new Japanese tanks are not being met with open arms. A lot of people driving them, but hearing a lot of griping. Tore through them rather quick with my MS-1.

I thought the M4 is great but the T29 and M18 are the real fun tanks.

M36 is great also but alot slower wih heavier armor, i have still the M10 in my garage with the fast fireing gun.

Try to get the german TD line with the Stug3 and JP till the Ferdi, all above is a pain.

Ferdi is so damn great i have a winrate of 60% in it going solo. Armor is so thick and the gun so deadly you one shoot Type58.

Oneshots with SU152 and stock gun was a Tiger and IS-3