Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

World of Tanks

With a 100% crew you will love the Sherman. The soviet T-34 is a good credit farmer too.

I'm working up to the T-34, and chose the path toward it purposely.

Gaining experience for my Sherman crew slowly. Have to sit back a lot when I'm outgunned/armored. More of an opportunist.

You can get a lot of credits at the moment. You must only survive 7 battles and kill 24 enemy vehicle. Plus one additional battle and you get 250.000 credits.

Im on the way straight to the JT with this method.

I have survived the last Noob Saturday, damn that was hard, but surprisingly funny. I was defending with a Sfl IVc and second gun ( the best one) and was sitting in a bush.

Some teammates have uncovered the enemy but were shot pretty fast. As the situation started to be very chaotic, I tried to trowh the enemy back so safe the line. My Teammates died one after anthother. So I started to punch out as much as I could, 5 shots ... 5 kills in a row!

I haven`t noticed it in the heat of the battle and was positiv surprised as I have finished the battle with 7 kills

23 Matches 44 Kills .. that`s ok but some matches were useless.. they nailed me with 3 and more tanks .. Moron Teams!

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

"Team" is a relative term. More like a mob is singletons all working for their own points, unknowing that if they would work together they'd get more.

Idiots!

Traded in my Tier III T-46 for a Tier IV T-50 last night. The T-46 was a fast little tank, but the gun options were poor. The Tier V 37mm cycled fast, but lacked the punch. So I reverted back to the slower 45mm and did much better. In the T-46, I'd always get put into a battle against Tier V or above and was just getting slammed. And I dont like playing the rabbit, as I'd never get any support from the heavies.

Just a couple of battles in the T-50 so far. Scored well with the same VT-42 45mm gun and did like that I had several rounds bounce off my sloped armour. This is purely an experience points grabber for the T-34.

The T-50 was for a long time a very good light scout. But then they nerfed this tank and it became a very painfull vehicle.

A good soviet Tier 3 is the T-70 and for tier IV the T-80 is fine. In my eyes, the german Luchs is the best Tier4 scout.

I see what you mean. The T-50 is still catagorized as a light tank and therefore automatically placed as a scout for higher Tier vehicles. Pisses me off!!! Without the 500K pts spotting scope, I'm screwed and fall victim to the enemy before they see me as they already have better optics and radios. Or the heavies want to up their own points and wont risk shooting unless they are 100% a kill, despite me spotting for them. Arty is the same way. At least two are added to a team, but many of the general shooters wont mark targets, so the arty goes unused.

So I think the T-50 will have a very short career in my barn. Being a Tier III/IV light tank in a Tier VI+ battle is a losing situation. The move to the medium T-34 will keep me out of scout class, I hope.

As for the T-70 and T-80. I still have my MS-1 (love it and the L.Tr), so going back through that route is an option.

Today is Thanks Giving Special. Win one battle, get one day premium for free. (In Europe it will be tomorrow.)

Too bad I'm out of town for the holiday and don't have access to my computer.

I am awaiting Warthunders Tank mode, cause the way WOT takes, is very primitiv.

I doesnt matter what you do, you are alwas the noob, the gold noob, premium noob or doing all stuff very noobish.. I ignore it, but when they start to shoot at the own teammates...  I was killed more than once as I have ignored to do whata mister general was wanting.. simply ignored him and he killed me...

WOT is no sim. Its arcade for fun. Has nothing to do with real panzer warfare.

And fools, teamkillers and self declared heros you will find everywhere. Let them shout. Report them and good is.

My personal experience is, that the "noob crying" happens more often at higher tiers.

Yes I know, but the fun factor is so low at the moment that I haven`t played it for some days. But found time to mod for SF2

Su-20 is getting finished

Mig-25 is being worked on

Lim-6 is finished

Su-25 is WIP

Viper flys straight into the space (and stays there ....)

On US Server im only 4.700 exp away from T69. The T71 is a nice little beast, which brings a lot of fun.

But i'm not sure what i should do next. I have so many possibilities. Should i go to the T69 or should i buy aT29, or the T20? Should i take the TigerII or the PantherII, the ARL44 or AMX13/90, the KV-3 or T-44? All developed, but only enough credits to buy one or two of them.

:scratch:

I can only tell you something about the T29 and Tiger 2, both are great. Tiger 2 more armored ,T29 has a bigger fearfacror than the Tiger. Both are painfull in stock configuration but very powerfull when upgraded.

The T29 fearfactor is funny, even IS are running away, i use top gun but stock turret.

If you like good armored and nimble heavies, with hull down capabilities. Is the T29 the right tank for you.  The 105 is powerfull enough to even penetrate Tigers and other Tier VII`s

I have only 86 fights with it and my winrate is over 50%. this tank is worth the money, the Tiger 2 is a bit more difficult to fight with and more powerless with its stock and early engines.

You can hold with 2 Tanks a whole side, but don`t try to fight E75`s  I eat the T29er for breakfast in my E75

I try the T69. It simply looks cool. Dont know why, but i love the tanks with oscillating turrets. The T71 was fun, the AMX13/75 too. Now i try the T69. Lets see how funny it is.

But i think, that i will reduce playing WOT for a while. At the moment im working on a mod of my old Formosa terrain. The tensions between China and Japan are focused on an area north of Taiwan. And this area is included in Formosa Terrain, but still mostly empty. Now i have to populate it.

Would be nice if we would had the chinese carrier to play major chinese vs japanese and US naval forces.

Edited by Gepard

That`s the only tank i would not go for. I have many troubles with the 12t, it`s not my tank, the Type 34 is nice, fast gun and nice penetration, smae with the VK3002M

But the american stuff I can`t find anything more boring but also dangerous than those strange tanks. The T57E1 and T54E are both damn dangerous. I don`t like them as opponents, but are fascinating when they strike down a heavy battletank with one revolver load!

I have now 7 battles with the T69. Its not much, i know, but its a funny vehicle. I'm still stock, no major improvements, but i got 7 kills in 7 battles. Not bad for the beginning. The firepower is not really good. The penetration is 175mm, not very much for a tier 8. But you can fire a lot of rounds in a short time. Its good for fighting from the second line and kill damaged vehicles. As far, im satisfied with the T69.

Die J-7III, ist das nicht die MiG-21MF Raubkopie?

Not much change in my tanks. Still trudging along with what I've had for a while. I'm getting rid of the T7 car. I don't care that it was a freebee. It sucks. Mainly because of the lame maps it get defaulted too. It has no place in some of them where it can scout, and/or hide.

The T-50 is still a scout for the higher Tiers and I'm hating it too. So it'll go pretty quick in favor of the T-34. I'll eat some points to get it faster.

The M4 is fun as you've both said. As long as I'm smart with it.

Why do the Brit tanks suck so bad? I have the Medium II just to plink for fun on the lower Tiers, but above that, the Brit tanks kind of stagnate. Or am I not seeing things?

-Jeff

The Brits have funny tanks, pls try the AT2 in stock and you will cry for month! The Churchil I and VII is a fun vehicle, you can fight even KV1 1 vs 1 and win it!

I like the churchil and the Matilda ist so damn great! I use it`s gun to tear down KV1 too with premium ammo. Ok it costs alot but you will get the kill. And under 2sec reload its like a machinecanon! It`s painfully slow in stock, ok iit will not improve much, but if you have ever fought against it, you will know what it can do.

I have bought the Nashorn and equiped it with the latest stuff, this thing is fast fireing and the camo is also not bad, but, If you are spoted, you are instantly dead. I drive the Ferdi too and this can nearly hold one side by its own. The armor is thick and the fearfactor huge. You make 500 instant dmg with it.

The Jagdtiger still use the Ferdi gun as stock, it`s usefull but painfull too, cause Tier X is simpy to hard to fight it down. And yo uneed 64.00 XP to research the final gun, I hope the JT will change after it.

What do you like most? second line as sniper? First line fighter or a nimble medium? And you have to know when you have to fall back,. If the enemy overwhelms one side, even if 2 or 3 guys are stll alive but 5 or more heavies are knocking them down.... run for your life. It`s not a shame, but you can join the other group and fight back with support. Except the other group is dead too :biggrin:

J-7III Jupp ist sie, ich habe hier die TK stock MiG-21 und Carlo hat nen Skin gepinselt

I like the Medium, as I can have a decent mix of speed and hitting power. The huge heavies are of no interest to me. They just lumber around.

I like to snipe as well, and spot from a distance, calling in arty.

Again, thanks for the tips on the Brit line.

-Jeff

The medium lines i love too. But it is more challenging to play meds than heavies. The havies have much better armour, much better guns and are more difficult to destroy. With the mediums you must drive a lot, flank the enemy or snipe from the second line. The problem is, that at higher tiers the sniping becomes more difficult.

Zur J-7III meinst Du diesen skin?

post-3395-0-97478400-1386444478_thumb.jpg

I love the VK 3002M, this Panther predessesor has a gun that penetrates nearly all Tanks at it`s Tier and higher. I sometimes even penetrate KV1S on the turret, you simply snapshot them and the camo is very good if you skill your crew at it and put a camo net on it.

Camo net and crewskill on a medium?! Yes you read it right, it works fine! Fast enough to flank and gun is good enough to hurt.

Ich glaub der ist es, ist etwas ... low poly/quality, Ich könnte mal Enoc drauf ansetzen wenn du möchtest, der pinselt meinen ganzen Projekte neu an. Selbst Paulo nutzt seine Templates

The VK3001D is a little bit better than the 3002M. Its faster, accelerates better, its lower, what means  its better to hide and has the same gun. But both german tier 6 meds are great.

If you are more the fast and agil sniper type, then you should take the american T49. Its great.

Gere the screenshot of a heroic battle i fought yesterday on US Server.

post-3395-0-79632000-1386497439_thumb.jpg

i call it, "The Battle of the Fools"

Mountain Pass is not one of my favorite maps, especially not if i play a TD like the T49. But i have two nice places which i want to arrive very fast to cover the low land at the western central part of the map.

This time i stood on the southern team. I drove to my favorite place and realized, that our P-IC was running a suicid scout attack through the middle. He detected an enemy P-III/IV which focused themself to the IC. I moved a little bit to the right and started to fire on the III/IV. He does not realized from where the shots came and when he found it out i had already shooten off his tracks, so that he was unable to escape. Two rounds more and the III/IV was a wreck. Kill no 1. Then i looked on the minimap and saw, that nobody of my team covered our right flank. The whole way from the glacier to our base was open. I asked the team "Nobody defend left?" and i got no answer. 5 guys of our team parked at the bridge, the other ones fought on the eastern way. Only our arty stood on the hill near our base.

The minimap showed for some seconds, that a big enemy force was marching down the right flank. Our undefended flank, where our arty died. And so i decided to change the position and to fight and die brave at our base. The T49 is very fast and so i was earlier near our base than the enemy. I presses F3 button "Defend the base" and F7 "Help" a couple of times, but nobody of my team responds.

I found a place behind a very small bush close to the base circle, my left side covered by the climbing hill, whhere i stoped and perhaps 10 seconds later the enemy was there. At the front the T14 heavy tank. He showed my his right side and i opend the fire. I hit him 4 times till he realized  that he was shooten from the right and he started to move his front to me. A 5th round penetrated succesfully and i feared, that the next round would not punch trough, ther front armour of the T14 is not bad and if he survive my next shoot he will be able to fire back and kill me. So i switched to my only one gold round, loaded, aimed, hit, penetrated and killed the T14. No.2

Few seconds later the M2 medium entered the base circle, showed me his side and  before he was able to fire one single round he was hitten 2 times and died.

The next was a SAU-40, french TD which wanted to be smarter. He does not entered the circle but came over the hillock. Nice try, but the depression of his gun was not good eneough to open the fire, while i could shoot him without any problems. 3 rounds and he burned. Then it became dangerous.

The next two were smarter, worked together. A UA57 french TD and a LTP came perfectly timed over the hillock. Just in the same second. I decided, that the TD was more dangerous and shoot hime with 2 rounds and the LTP with one round. The UE burned out, while the LTP retreated. I moved forward drove over the hillock, got shot by the LTP, but his round hurt not very much. So i fired back and killed him with 2 further shots. Then i retreated to my old position and one half minute later it became very very dangerous for me.

A T82 and one Hetzer came together over the hill. The T82 on the right, the Hetzer more left. I hit the T82, he shot back and my health points dropped to 33%. But i was able to load faster and he burned after the next shot. Then i thought, that i will die. A Hetzer is very good armoured, damn good armoured and his gun is deadly. Before he was able to shot me i hit him and draw 1/3 of his health points. He would only need one hit to finish me, so i moved back to bring the wreck of the UE57 between me and the Hetzer. For some seconds we stood and waited what the other would do and then he trusted on his good armour and moved forward. My end was near. Each side would have one shot and after this fire exchange my T49 would be history. But then it happend in an other way. I fired as first and my round penetrated successfully his front armour. His engine took fire and he burned down before he could shot me. Kill numbre 8. WOW!

No support of my team mates, facing 7 enemies in one row and i survived, defended the base. Impressive. The UE57 driver was overwhelmed to see such a fight and gave his congratulations via chat. But only he, not one of my team. No "great", no "nice", no "Well done". My foolish teammates started to conquer the enemy base.

I moved forward and detected the last enemy tank, a T-34. This poor guy was  not sure what to do. Should he go to our base and try to get some base capture points or should he go back and defend the own base. The choose the last way and when he turned he showed me his side and i oped the fire. He was unable to see me over this distance, so he does not tried to fire back and after 3 rounds the last T-34 was a burning wreck.

If the enemy would have worked together, would have followed the rule "Stay in groups, fight together, win together" then he would have overwhelmed me easily. But he came one after an other and at one vs one or one vs two level my T49 was superior enough to win.

Folish were my teammates too. Let me fight alone against a superior might. No reaction of calls for help, no support. It was luck that we won this battle. It could have been a defeat very easily.

Einen neuen Skin für die J-7III brauche ich eigentlich nicht. Wäre zwar schön, weil es besser aussieht, aber meine olle Kiste geht bei größeren skinns regelmäßig in die Knie und dann sehe ich nur noch slideshow.