Andy73

New OFF Campaign Music

New OFF Campaign Music

View File

Hi Folks :baby:

I have been active once again as a Sound Tinkerer, this time it is about the Campaign Menu of our all favourite Game. Not because I do not like Matt Milne's fantastic Soundtrack (I really LOVE it!). I thought only, after 3 years it would be a time for something New. I have taken different Soundtracks from different Movies, mixed them in a different way, in addition some new Samples (Explosions) to form the whole Game a little more freshly. For example, I took some Tracks from the Soundtrack of the Movie "The Red Baron". Even if the Movie itself is only an average, I find the Soundtrack, nevertheless, exceedingly successful! And when you start a Campaign, you will now hear new heavy Artillery Fire, when there's an active Battle in your Sector.

I do not pursue unauthorised duplication here, because I have taken as a precaution NOT complete Songs, but cuttings (parts) in each case long only 2-3 minutes from it. This might be probably within the scope of the permissible (I hope so). I lift on it respectedly that the respective pieces also do not exaggerate the Ambience of the Game, and the Atmosphere of the Campaign, nevertheless, is preserved.

The Original Theme of the Game was not altered!

I know everybody has another taste Music concerns, but I like the Choice, actually, very well :beach:

The Sound Mod is JSGME - ready. Simply extract the Package into your Mods Folder and activate it. I hope you'll enjoy the Songs as much as I do !

Have Fun

Thanks Andy, sounds great. But it's not quite JSGME-ready for the correct location. Putting JSGME inside the 'CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields' folder prevents mods that patch the 'WW1Scenery' folder from working, including mods from myself, Bletchley, Creaghorn, etc. See OlPaint01's notes on paths for the OFF version of JSGME.

I'm happy to help repack it so it easily works alongside other mods, just let me know.

Oh, I did not know this! Nobody has spoken to me because of this Problem, so I always thought everything is working fine. Because I prefer another System for my Sounds (I copy the Samples directly into the suitable Sound Folders), I knew nothing about this JSGME-Problem. Does this also valid for my Sound Tweak III?

I have changed my Mod, by the way, and updated it into Version 3.1. I've also modified the XML-File for some Sounds (this was very difficult!) and mixed some things completely new.Is anybody interested for an Update to 3.1? I can make a Youtube-Video the next Days, so everyone of you may be able to hear directly what is new.

And Lothar, of course you can make my Files combatible! Thanks for this indication!

OlPaint01 repacked your Sound Tweak II for proper JSGME installs in one of his Bundles, but we've both been away from OFF from a while so I'm sad to admit I hadn't even seen your Tweak III until now! Just downloaded it and it looks like the paths are okay with that one.

Definitely interested in a version 3.1. I've built a kit to help make installers for proper JSGME OFF mods, and would be happy to you package that 3.1 and make sure there's proper support for it in the next version of OFFbase. I'll send you a PM.

Edited by Lothar of the Hill People