About This File
The latest version of JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) Version 2.6.0 can be downloaded from
==Using the Generic Mod Enabler==
1. Ensure that you have a clean, unmodded installation of your game, preferably with the latest patch(es) installed. If you are already running a prior version of the Generic Mod Enabler, disable all enabled mods.
2. Install the Generic Mod Enabler to your game's root folder and run once. You will be asked to enter a mods folder name. Unless your game already uses a folder called MODS, it is recommended that you simply press OK to accept the default MODS name. The chosen folder will be created if it does not already exist. At this point you should take a snapshot of your "clean" game files by selecting the "Generate snapshot of game files" option from the "Tasks..." list. This snapshot can be used to verify the integrity of the game files at a later date, after you have installed and uninstalled mods (see "Further notes on usage" for more information).
3. After downloading a mod, unzip it into a sub-folder under the MODS folder (call the sub-folder what you like, but use something that defines what the mod is). Note that the modder may have already set up the mod to be "JSGME compatible", in which case this step and the following step will be done for you. In such instances follow the installation instructions that come with the mod.
4. Ensure that the unzipped files under the new mod sub-folder replicate the game's folder structure. For example, with Over Flanders Fields you should see something like:
' + CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields
' + WW1Scenery
' - OFFMODS
' - The Mod Name <created at step 3>
' - data
' - Menu <etc...>
' + JSGME.ini
' + Support
5. Run JSGME.exe and you should see the mod listed as an available mod. Simply select and press the ">" button, or click and drag from Available Mods to Activated Mods and the mod is installed!
That's it! Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each additional mod that you want to install and then simply exit the Generic Mod Enabler and load your (now modded) game as usual.
What's New in Version 2.6.0 (NSIS Installer fo
- Encapsulated JSGME in NSIS Shell for OFF specific installation that automatically put JSGME mods for Over Flanders Fields in the right place. No more worrying that users get your files in the right place!
- JSGME User Guide is placed in game root directory C:\OBDSoftware\.