I have been using The mod and Campaign and so far so good for SF2!

I have been using The mod and Campaign and so far so good for SF2!

Hey usaphantom2, what did you do to get the Campaign to run? Mine just freezes. Thanks.

Do you have all the DAT aircraft mentioned in the readme installed as it was originally for SF1.

Do you have all the DAT aircraft mentioned in the readme installed as it was originally for SF1.

Affirmative.

What Campaign version are you using?Mine Beta.V0.60a.Terrain ver 1.4.Mine is a dedicated install no otherSF2mods just BOB.But its not unusual my flying tigers freezes and Warrior says his runs fine in SF2.We have to be missing something there.Let me know if you need to look at my ini files I'll try to PM them to you.

Edited by usafphantom2

What Campaign version are you using?Mine Beta.V0.60a.Terrain ver 1.4.Mine is a dedicated install no otherSF2mods just BOB.

Ditto. Yeah, if you could send me those files, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Edit: Was just looking things over again and I think it's squadrons I'm missing. The campaign ini. calls for several I don't seem to have; 303 (Polish), 610 (Czech), and 25, 82, and 151 (RAF). Do you have those and if so, where did you get them? Thanks again.

Edited by SupGen

OK, I don't think I need all those squadrons because of the ""Default Texture" entry in the Campaign Data file. Although, I did find 303 Polish Sqn in the 1st Gen Dnlds section. Nice. :biggrin:

What would cause AI birds to mill around in circles after the player flown aircraft takes off? This happens with my Spits (only) on the BoB terrain with Baltikas' BoB mod. The Spits are DAT birds; the oldest versions I could find because all the newer ones have DDS skins and won't accept the skins included with the mod. I'm sure I've seen similar references here somewhere but don't know where. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

it's called 'driving miss daisy disease'; thought that was cured years ago...

check the data ini for negative angles on tailwheel steering. if so, remove the minus sign, and retest. that might do it

it may also be related to the airfield ini, but I can't test that

I would suggest rebuilding the campaign ini to make use of the TMF Spit 1. A far superior, and freely available aircraft. Just my opinion, of course. The TMF Spit uses jpg skins.

if new squadron 'call letters' are needed, just make the new decals for it.

Why would you be experiencing problems with DDS skins? If the LOD calls for DDS, and you have the DDS maps, they show up. If using bmps,, you have to convert them to DDS. Takes seconds in Photoshop or Paint.net.

Edited by Wrench

tell me the squadron codes. it's 5 minite job

you will, of course, have to transfer the skin to new skin folders. or, if I REEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYY need a break from rebuilding europe (just found out, after super-detailing/targeting Wilhelmshaven, the one tile city just aint gonna cut it; have to retile it and the whole Jade Bight..) New skins are a 30 minute job

EDIT: you know 303(Polish) used Hurricane I in the Battle. they didn't get Spits until Jan 41.

looks like a new decal for Raven's Hurri. a nothing job

EDIT again!

151, hurricanes, some defiants, before transfering to Mossis

610, normal RAF (DW code) not a alles in exile

25 & 82, Blenheim squadrons

campaign ini needs editing more, methinks, than new skins/decals

Edited by Wrench

Wrench, that would be great if you could do that. The flyable Spit Sqns are just 41 and 603 Sqns. The DAT Spits do have negative angles on tailwheel steering; as well as both ReverseInput and ReverseModelOrientation on both the tailwheel and rudder. Pretty sure the combination of those has something to do with it, but as you say it's much easier to switch planes. If you could do those skins, thanks a million! The 303 (Polish) skin I found is Hurricane1. As far as the Campaign goes, as you can see above, I can't even get it to run, yet!

Edit: OK Wrench, I'm sold! Just downloaded the TMF Spit Mk1A and it is a beauty, and it's got the 41 and 610 Sqn skins! Awaiting 603 with worms on my tongue (bated breath). :biggrin:

Edited by SupGen

told ya.

Awaiting 603 with worms on my tongue

eeeewwwwwww!!!!!

Hurri with 303 badge...

Hey Wrench, I've got your PTO Menu Screens pack, is there one for ETO? "whistling"

Some of the SF1 Mainscreens will work you just have to convert from BMP to JPG If you want I can send you.Were you able to get your BoB going?You can use the screens from the BoB mod they just have to be converted .One other thing make sure your campaign is calling the right terrain name has to be the same as the one in the terrains folder inc the ini.

Edited by usafphantom2

Some of the SF1 Mainscreens will work you just have to convert from BMP to JPG If you want I can send you.Were you able to get your BoB going?You can use the screens from the BoB mod they just have to be converted .One other thing make sure your campaign is calling the right terrain name has to be the same as the one in the terrains folder inc the ini.

Thanks, the screens in BoB are working fine even if the Campaign isn't. I asked because my ADD, numbnut self downloaded Wings Over Africa from the DAT site; I actually got the Mainscreen on that to work with a modified Mainscreen ini. from the Falklands mod. I'll check that terrain name thing in BoB, I'm beginning to think I'll just re-install it, box stock this time.

SupGen,Check the campaign ini and make sure it says BOB like the folder,not Battle of brittain I think I changed mine.

Checked it, says BoB out of the box. Runnin' out of ideas, here.

didn't I do one???

well, if not, it'll be an easy one (laziness rears it ugley head -- just change the sqdadron letters!!)

i'm so frakking lazy, it ain't even funny anymore!!! :biggrin: