You know it's weird but when i'm fighting north Korean Mig-15's and winning all of a sudden Mig-17PF's show up,Most of the time they are from the all black camo squadron? I don't remember a Mig-17PF night fighter squadron that fought during the day?I cant check the 17,s ini cause it's stock.Anyone know why this is happening?One other unusual thing is with the F-86-1 i'm getting some realistic gun jamming after high G dogfighting. Anyone else experience any of this? I have july2012 fully merged,Win7 64bit home SP1,16GB ddr3, 2xGeForce GTX 680 superclocked(factory)2GB ddr5 ea SLI,Soundblaster Tactic 3D sound,TM Warthog,ProCombat rudder,540GBSSD,120GBSSD,750gbHDD,500GBHybridHDD'1000W OCZ PSU,Corsair T10 case. Thanks for any help! :blackeye:

you did remove stock aircraft from dedicated KAW install, didn't you? KAW is supposed to be hold in custom install without any(?) stock planes

and the Sabre's you're using are WRONG!!

the correct, new one's aren't out yet

the limited nations statement should* keep anything but 'region specific' users from showing up (unless the PLAAF was using Fresco-Ds in 1953 .. which I kinda doubt)

*=sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Internal coding issue, methinks

Hey Wrench, Did'nt the install instructions say to leave all the stock aircraft cause we altered the year spread of the game?Did I miss something?

yes, it did. the instructions said to 'generate KAW mods folder, and leave all the stock aircraft intact', as the terrain has a 100 year spread.

so, in theory, if one flys beyond a certain range, the PFs COULD show up, IF their userlist has China/NKorea in it (I"d have to check). Soviet Union is one the 'not allowed' nations.

i've never encountered either the 17, 17F or 17PF when flying up to 53. Afterwards, it all depends on the userlist (we know NKPAF and PLAAF had 17s and 19s -- NK still has a bunch of 19 lying around in some farmers field)

Hmm, I erased all stock from my KAW install out of habit, so what I wrote might not been good advice as Kevin says, my bad

No Stary, I appreciate all reply's from people trying to help,What you said made sense to me but I was fairly sure Wrench had said to leave them there because we changed the year spread which also made sense.I make mistakes from time to time and I just wanted to be sure my friend,I value your input.

But this does bring up a maybe dumb question,If you do a WW2 install do you remove the stock planes or does the year spread keep them out of it?If i'm in a wildcat and I get jumped by a Mig-17pf I'll know my computer is cheating!

W::

NK still has a bunch of 19 lying around in some farmers field

19, farmers, I like that alot.

that's what the userlist and operations years spread in the aircraft data ini prevent. (not that I don't remove all the modern stuff...) but they'll never show, as your flying way before they were built.

Lexx... yes, I know; we have a law here in california "use a pun, go to prison" :biggrin:

Hmmm, been a while since I’ve been around but if I recall correctly...I made an aircraft moving utility for Dave that I think he might have used for purposes such as these. It basically allowed you to check the boxes of installed aircraft that you wanted to have appear. You could even save a favorite “set list” that remembered all of your selections. You just did this prior to starting SF, then those planes would be made unavailable so that only the planes you wanted to appear would show up. When you finished you clicked a button to restore them all back. Always thought it was simple to use and know Dave appreciated it, maybe Dave still has that program around that could help…?

EDIT: Oddly enough, I found an old work-in-progress screenshot of it on my computer!

post-13298-0-98970200-1353972373_thumb.jpg

Edited by swambast