Good evening people of CA, I found this on the Middle East 48-56 add on (Redux) for the SF2. I was looking at the SF1 and SF2 knowledge base for the file with this extention: .OLD and I found nothing.

Sintiacutetulo_zpsef8e6da8.jpg

Yes I know this section of the forum is for SF1, but please answer this question.

It is possible to convert this SF2 Meteor to the SF1 game?

I used the unicode to ANSI, to convert to the old .ini's. I just want to know it is possible to convert SF2 aircraft to SF1....

Any answers would be appreciated.

Depends on the aircraft. 3rd party, maybe. TW native...maybe before a certain patch date.

FC

My guess is that it is a backup of the Meteor8_Arab_DATA.INI file. Open it with notepad and look at the contents.

Ok, thank you. So it is possible to fly SF2 aircraft on SF1?

I mean modifying some files?

I realized in order to fly a plane on SFP1 it is needed .LOD files, I would like to know what files use SF2...

The thing is on the Redux 48-56 campaign there are so MANY aircrafts that I would like to fly! using my SF1 game .

Some planes of that campaign are not on the TW WOI add on patch...

The thing is on the Redux 48-56 campaign there are so MANY aircrafts that I would like to fly! using my SF1 game .

Some planes of that campaign are not on the TW WOI add on patch...

then its time to evolve to the SF2 series. You will NEVER get them to work in SFP1. It simply canNOT be done.

-------------------------

.old file extension is exactly what it says is it... an old file that was backed up for archiving. looks like eburger just forgot to delete it.

It is possible to convert this SF2 Meteor to the SF1 game?

no, because it REQUIRES the SF2:I Exp1 Meteor "bits'. Which will NOT work in WoI or ANY 1stGen, due to use of Unicode lods.

Hence, why almost NO one mods for 1stGens anymore. They're dead

Guys:

Wrench is correct. .OLD files are simply older versions of certain files. If you find one, it's because I considered it important enough to keep around an earlier version of that particular file for archival/reference purposes. Same goes for .ORG (original), .ALT (alternate), or .ELH (me) files.

Eric Howes