Andy73

Andy's Sounds Update 3.2

Gentlemen :biggrin:

A short Information:

I've made a new Update for my Sound Mod. It's now Version 3.2 and you can watch this Video below to see what's new.

Will upload it soon!

New in 3.2

- Reduced Volumes for the FLAK (they were too loud in my previous Versions)

- A few new Sounds for FLAK

- Some new Engine Sounds for AI Aircraft (Camel, Nieuport,Tripe, Spad, SE5a)

- New Sounds for some Ground Objects (Trucks, Tanks, Ground Machineguns)

- New expanded Frontambience (New Explosions, fixed Volumes, added new Values)

- 4 new Patterns for the German BMW-Engine (used in the Fok DVIIF)

- Tweaked Sound-XML File (added some new Values, fixed Volumes and Distances)

I've also created a Rate of Fire-Mod for Easy and Normal Settings in Workshop. See the Video!

I've taken some Samples from different Games such as IL2, Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight and reworked and "remixed" them. Also some things are from Creaghorn's Homebrew and OFF BHaH Version 1.0. But a lot of Samples are my very own Creations!

Have Fun :biggrin:

Awesome work, Herr Andy, as allways, thank you!

Fantastic Andy...looking forward to downloading this!...

these sound great!!!....all of 'em..............

Available now in the Download Section !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

these sound great!!!....all of 'em..............

I agree 100%! Great work Andy, and thanks!

anybody tried 'em yet.....downloading now...been away for a bit....life interfere's....that sort of thing

just on a peripheral first pass in QC......the sounds are dazzling!!! Andy.....on a quick note....the file installs Andy 73 Sounds and Andy 73 Engine Sounds....one overwriting the other....which should stay as the dominant file pls? Nice work......

@Gaw,

please delete ALL previous Versions (3.1 and 3.0), they are no longer needed. Just in case, to avoid Problems. My Update 3.2.1 (in the Download Section) is the dominant File, and all other Sound-Mods are deleted from this Site. This is the ultimate and final Upgrade I've made. It includes everything, old Versions and new Versions.

Andy :biggrin:

What he means is that when you unzip the 3.2.1 Update you get 2 mods files : One is called "Sounds" and the other "Engine Sounds". The question is which one must be loaded first in JSGME. I was also wondering ?

What he means is that when you unzip the 3.2.1 Update you get 2 mods files : One is called "Sounds" and the other "Engine Sounds". The question is which one must be loaded first in JSGME. I was also wondering ?

I have both loaded and everything seems ok to me. I don't think they are mutually excluseive.

thanks corsaire.....looks like the Andy 73 sounds which has a 3.2.1 text file attached........rather than the Andy 73 engine sounds....is the one to install. I speak under correction here and am hoping you'll beam in Andy. Whatever...........these are phenomenal.....beautiful work....thank you!!!

Both mod folders 'Andy73 Sounds' and 'Andy73 Engine Sounds' should be activated, the latter includes all the individual aircraft-specific engine sounds while the former all the general sounds. They're both included and installed for a reason.

I'll post an update to OFFice shortly that includes all the latest sounds and activates everything automatically so you guys don't have to worry about this stuff.

OFFice version 1.0.2, which includes the latest version of Andy's sounds (also his updated machine-gun sounds for the historical rate-of-fire mod), has been posted and is awaiting approval from mods. It also includes and lets you listen to Andy's soundtrack mod in OFFbase. I'm sure it'll be available for download soon, so have fun!

It's been awful quiet around here, so to everyone enjoying these mods: don't be afraid to make a little noise of your own around here. How about posting some stories and screenshots and journal entries of your adventures in OFF and OFFbase? :bye:

Gosh...I know how difficult it is to speak up after correction.....but here goes never-the-less. Andy....these sound files are marvellous...and yes Lothar, thanks for the "they're there for a reason tip". I'm experiencing significantly reduced frame rates with your mod that are awkward on my computer. No doubt I need to upgrade and will do so soon, if only to be able to use great work like yours....never mind the next OFF...sure to challenge any system. But meantime, is there a work-around....like the preload in CFS3 that made so many of the sound/effects mods workable? Anybody else want to weigh in here? I think these sound changes are one of the best things available and I'd like to make 'em work w/out being slagged for saying so...or scrapping my rig.....yet. Anyone experiencing the same thing????

I'm experiencing significantly reduced frame rates with your mod that are awkward on my computer. No doubt I need to upgrade and will do so soon, if only to be able to use great work like yours....never mind the next OFF...sure to challenge any system. But meantime, is there a work-around....like the preload in CFS3 that made so many of the sound/effects mods workable? Anybody else want to weigh in here?

Hey gaw, can you tell a little about your system? Specifically, how many processor cores do you have and how much memory? And I'm a little confused: is the slowdown with OFFbase or with Andy's sounds or both?

Please try this quick and dirty preloads mod. Run the installer and activate the 'OFFice Preloads" modfolder in JSGME. The order in JSGME doesn't matter for it. If it makes a difference, let me know and I'll include it with future versions of OFFice.

Lothar....I'm ashamed to say I don't even know where to look for those specs. I do however know how to bung your preload into JSGME and will do so. Thanks for the link...I'll try it and get back to you....your sound files are relly nice!

Andy/Lothar....been away, freelancer....but back to you. The preload was a BIG help....still some slowing in a bunfight but MUCH better. I suspect when I upgrade audio/video/everything cards/computer...it'll all be good. Mean time....I've almost no full throttle Camel engine noise...mid to low sounds just right but full on practically dissappears. Other sound perspectives are spot on.....I've not tried everything....thx

Edited by gaw

Gaw,

do you use a Sound-Card or do you play with Sound Onboard? Never heard of that Problem. Any Problems with other Engine Sounds?

Heavens!!!.....if "sound on board" means.....just what came with the computer, then I suspect that that may be the case....and clearly, I must include a sound card with an upgrade........which seems sadly overdue...especially as P4 will be here in 2 weeks. And no....all the other planes seem to deliver appropriate engine noise and perspective from outside and inside the cockpit.

Modern "on board" sound is pretty good these days if you get a decent motherboard, so you should only need a separate sound card if you're doing something exotic like sound mixing/recording. The Windows audio architecture was reworked with Vista pretty much taking away hardware-accelerated audio processing for games in order to improve stability and security. When you're ready to upgrade your computer, gaw, you'll find knowledgeable folks around the forums more than happy to help.

Andy, let me know if you'd like to include the preloads in the stand-alone (non-OFFice) version of your sound mod and I'll slap together an updated installer.

Lothar, yes you can do that of course! That would be fine. Thanks!

Gaw, perhaps I could make a seperate Sopwith Camel-Mod, with all Engine Sounds including in lower MONO-Quality. Perhaps this could help? But I don't know if this Mod is compatible with OFFice, then.

Gosh...I know how difficult it is to speak up after correction.....but here goes never-the-less. Andy....these sound files are marvellous...and yes Lothar, thanks for the "they're there for a reason tip". I'm experiencing significantly reduced frame rates with your mod that are awkward on my computer. No doubt I need to upgrade and will do so soon, if only to be able to use great work like yours....never mind the next OFF...sure to challenge any system. But meantime, is there a work-around....like the preload in CFS3 that made so many of the sound/effects mods workable? Anybody else want to weigh in here? I think these sound changes are one of the best things available and I'd like to make 'em work w/out being slagged for saying so...or scrapping my rig.....yet. Anyone experiencing the same thing????

Hi guys! Been far too long since I've posted an update but after reading gaw's report, I thought I could chime in. I, too, have an older system - from about 2008. And I've actually had to stop using Lothars Office with updates because I was having the same frame rate issues after Andy's awesome sound mod. The sounds are incredible but I am also having intermittent but definitely noticeable frame rate problems - particularly when I was close to the front. I think the increase in the number of sounds occurring at any given time seemed to be the cause of the problem - particularly when it involved flak or artillery sounds. My system runs an Intel Quad Core processor, 4GB of RAM, a GeForce 9800GT. My sound is, like gaw's, also on the system board, which I think is probably contributing to my issues.

Any ideas on where to proceed from here chaps?