daddyairplanes

BOOTMGR is missing....any advice?

So my wifes HP crashed couple months back and i finally got the recovery discs. Ran em last night but now get a messg of the bootmgr missing. Tryin the discs again but would appreciate any advice on getting this fixed. And no, i do not have win 7 discs, just the HP 3 disc recovery system.

Of other interest also trying to bring back a HP g60 thats been without powercord for almost two years. If i can fix both will have 4 laptops for myself ,my wife and 3 girls.

Update, it just completed a second run thru on recovery media, still missing bootmgr.

Did you ever fix the original cause of the crash?

Does the recovery give you the option to repartition or reformat? If so, what are you choosing?

Original cause was the comp believing it had a bad copy of win 7. Tossed the OS and didnt want to work. That is fixed, with the discs win 7 comes up to run the recovery. As to partitoning, no it runs thru pretty automatic. Having to go to work so this is my last reply til round midnite EST.

Get HIRENS rescue disk or a USB, when i get home i will tell you how, in like 1 hour :)

Thank Flogger. Its 1 in the morning and i just got home from work. Will try it out in the morning. Amusingly the other comp fixed up fine, despite the chocolate the kids put in the USB ports. Been so long since that one ran i forgot that the second one was xp! With abit of luck and that file should grt the win 7 up and running again.

Finally got it onto a dvd to run. But the only thing that really seems too wrok is the mini XP. Also, a thought....... i have another Win7 system (this one is trying to get fixed so the kids stop borrowing ours for homework and poptropica) so could i move the bootmgr mui exe over from the working system?

You can fix it even if it's running XP my friend, just run the fix, restart the pc and it'll be done.

Called hp to gripe about the recovery disks. Found out i still hhave 60 days left on warranty so after 90 minutes on the fone trying tests and checks, HP is sending the box to ship it back for repair/replacement. Wierd thing is ehen i rann mimi xp, it showed 4 drives on the hard drive. C is normal, seen d for recovery, but whose ever seen a B drive?

A and B are floppy drives. You can activate them in the BIOS, even without them existing, and Windows will show them. The BIOS may or may not give an error at POST about the drives not being detected.