All,

Is there a way to have the map display show a larger area on a MFD.

For example when you look at the map on MFD of AH-64 there is a large area displayed.

When I look at the map on a UH-60 the map only shows a smaller area.

Can this be fixed / adjusted? and how would I do this?

Thanks

KRFRGE

Edited by krfrge

has to be something in the cockpit lod itself; the size of the mesh??

is there a display setting in the occkpit ini for the map node (maybe called 'moving map' or something like that?)

I ran into that mapping mirrors, unless the texture is mapped to "fit" the mesh it will distort the display. Not 100% sure with maps displays. Hex reassign to new texture might work on the mesh? Just tested, nojoy Looks like a Max Fix, Tried to change Map mesh texture size, (Won,t work) If you find a fix (other than Max) post it.

Edited by RAVEN

Gents,

Sorry for the delayed response but there is no display setting in the Cockpit.ini

Wrench and Raven - I think it has to be something with the cockpit.LOD itself. This is beyond my capabilties at this point. Appreciate the responses. If i figure out a solution I will let all know the fix!

KRFRGE

Sorry to say this, but to show a larger area on the in game map, the mapping of the mesh in 3ds Max has to be changed before exporting the model to LOD format. So without access to the source file, there is no way to change that.

Florian,

Thanks for the info. Was hoping for a better solution but "it is what it is".

Many thanks

KRFRGE