Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

On this night in 1943 Operation Chastise...

I own a great book on the topic; a mix of history and novel. Ought to re-read it.

I spotted this on the RAF website -

Experience The “Dambusters ” Raid Minute By Minute On Twitter

The Royal Air Force will for the first time transmit on Twitter the original wireless telegraphy signals of the famous Second World War “Dambuster” air raid on the Ruhr valley dams.

On the 70th anniversary of the raid, Thursday, 16th May, the tweets, which will substitute the original Morse code signals, will be posted on the RAF’s official Twitter account @royalairforceuk minute by minute as the raid originally occurred. As well as the wireless telegraphy, additional tweets will be posted that will illuminate unfolding events that were unknown at the time, such as when aircraft were lost during the action.

http://www.raf.mod.u...witter-13052013

I've got the Paul Brickhill book - was surprised when reading it that the raid was only about the first 3rd of the book