The gun is jamming at one of the aircraft. I played years ago, when SP2 wasn't yet out and I remember there was a thread, which is not to be found now (I've searched for it ) where someone said that the gun can be unjammed on the spot if you change in aicraftobject.ini to look like this:

[GunData]

AllowUnjamAttempt=TRUE

I looked into default.ini file and the command is there (UNJAM_GUN=K) but it won't work, I don't know why and that it pisses me off. The Viggen has 800 bullets and everytime I fire it stopes after 30 bullet fired or so spoiling everything for me there. Is there a way to fix this please ?

I tend to fire in quick 1 second bursts one after the other to avoid the same problem. The longer your burst the more likely it is to jam. Jamming is related to the following line in the guns xxxx_data.ini file specific to that gun: Reliability=85.000000

• Like 1

The guns on most aircraft are set to be as near as they are in real life... so if you hold the trigger down it will jam you have to use aimed bursts max of around 1 second as dtm advised...

The only guns that can be "unjammed" is a gun that you can fix during flight. The plane's only guns that qualify for that are guns positioned directly in front of the pilot like most WW1 planes. Even WW1 planes that had their guns buried in the fuselage could not be "unjammed" in flight. As a result, you can not "unjam" a gun on a jet since the pilot can not reach it to fix it in flight.

[GunData]

AllowUnjamAttempt=TRUE

This does work in FE/FE2, but only because the guns are normally within the pilot's reach in flight and the default button for that is "U".

oh I see. Thank you for the input. However , I finally found that thread were Wrench gave a solution. I raised to 99% reliability and now it seems it works without jamming. I know it's not historical accurate but...

Thank you once again all !