in game

post-11906-0-28043400-1369679648_thumb.jpg

SupGen>Drooling! Oh man! That's gonna look nice on a Devastator!

Edited by SupGen
  • Like 1

uploaded

• Like 1

i should say so...

looks MUCH better than the original.

(VT-8, Midway)

hows this ?

Say, Veltro, can you upload the bottem fish in thes pic as Mod-1=early war?

post-60912-0-51980500-1369757357_thumb.jpg

Edited by SupGen

will do Sup when I get back home tonight. I am also thinking of doing one with the wooden fins for shallow water also

You're the best! The wooden shrouds weren't just for shallow water; they were used on all Mk-13s after mid-1943 or so; check out the vids on this page: http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7khO4qRRSFEAo_pXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0dWczZjcxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1NNRTIxNl84Mg--/SIG=12ked5eoj/EXP=1369789134/**http%3a//www.eugeneleeslover.com/VIDEOS/Aerial_Torpedo_Attack.html

They were essential in causing the torpedo to assume the correct attitude before hitting the water and in holding down the speed to the point where the torpedo was eventually cleared for drop heights up to 2000ft and speeds to around 450kts. It would be more realistic for the later war years to have these attached, however, they did shear off on hitting the water, so, it's up to you. Check out those vids though, very cool stuff, shows the attachment process for the nose and tailfin shrouds and some nice video of the torpedo in use. Thanks again for your fine work.

don't forget, though, in game, it's a 'sea skimming missle' at 0 altitude (it never really enters the water). The real life stuff just can't be modled in this series.

as for "looking right", man, I'm ALL for that!!

done