View File StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens
StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens
This mod includes custom 1920x1080 "StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm" themed menu, pilots and Campaign screens. You should unzip the file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are some alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.
I recommend that you back up your CAMPAIGNS, FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.
To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed CAMPAIGNS, FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm mod folder.
My StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm mod on Win97 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...
C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 Desert Storm\
Submitter viper63a Submitted 05/31/2017 Category Menus
View File F-105B Thunderchief (Stand in)
Republic F-105B Thunderchief (Stand in)
Uses the TW F-105D model as a stand in with the following mods:
- Removed nose pitot tube and added one to the left outer wing via fakepilot method.
- Data.ini edits (weight, thrust, service year etc).
- Ranging radar only.
- Re-painted and re-panel lined the nose to re-shape it into that of the F-105B.
- Moved cannon port.
- Canopy can open.
- Removed bombay fuel tank.
- Cockpit is from the F-84F as the F-105B did not have the 'tape' style instruments or a radar scope like the F-105D
- Added 'fighter sweep' mission as if a shooting war had developed during the Cuban Missile Crisis some of the 4th TFW F-105B Squadrons were tasked with an Air Superiority role.
- One generic USAF silver skin using stock decals and another for the 335th TFS, 4th TFW that forward deployed to Macoy AFB during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Un-pack and drop into your mods folder.
- TW for the F-105D.
- Sundowner for the template.
- Zurawski & Gunrunner for the cockpit.
Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 09/22/2016 Category F-105
View File 'Rivet Haste’ F-4E USAF pack add-on
F-4E project ‘Rivet Haste’ add-on for ravenclaw_007 and Co’s F-4E USAF pack 2.0
2.0 Updates/ corrections
- Corrected tail tip color from green to red/ orange.
- Added historicly correct small serial numbers to tail fin
- Big thanks to mppd for the color reference photos (I could only find a single black & white one) and historical serial numbers.
- F-4E_72 ‘Rivet Haste’
You must have ravenclaw_007 and Co’s F-4E USAF pack installed for weapons & effects etc:
Animation / Function
- Air Refuel
- Gun Vent ______________ automatic when gun is fired or as soon as the landing gear is deployed
- Brake Chute____________ works with the Air Brake below 150kts
Features of the ‘Rivet Haste’ F-4E:
- Slatted wings. The Rivet Haste F-4 were the only Phantoms in the Vietnam conflict to have slatted wings.
- MIDAS4 gun port.
- APR-35/36 RHAW
- Assigned to the 555th TFW but operated as a separate flight from the rest of the squadrons non Rivet Haste Phantoms.
- Operated without any tail codes or serial numbers. Aircraft had RRRRibit in yellow on the tail fin along with a green tailfin tip.
Hangar and Loading screens are in 1920 x 1080 , optional 1024 x 768 Hangar and Loading screens are included in a separate folder
- Drop all files into your mod folder the way they are setup in this pack and overwrite if ask to
- If you are unsure about the way how mods are installed, check the knowledge base at CombatAce!
- original model by TW , BPAO , Crab_02
- cockpits from TW
- Decals for the 34TFS , 469TFS and the original Templates from Sundowner
- Skins for the 57th FIS made by Soulfreak
- TISEO made by Crusader
- Testpilots , EricJ , Slartibartfast , JAT81500 , Dast24 , Centurion1 , Ianh755 , GodsLt
- new updated model , textures and weapons by ravenclaw_007
Background on the Rivet Haste project:
With the soft (slatted) wing, the pinkie switch (basically the very first HOTAS), and the TISEO modifications for the F-4E, the USAF realized it had the tools to make its fighter pilots more lethal. In the late summer of 1972, the Rivet Haste program was established. Rivet Haste would be the Air Force's acknowledgement that years of substandard training and poor doctrine had to be reversed. Rivet Haste combined the slatted wing, TISEO, and 556 mod of the F-4E and teamed them up with handpicked crews with combat experience over Vietnam. They were assembled at Nellis AFB and here the key of Rivet Haste would take place- intensive training with the new F-4Es against the secret MiG force that Air Force flew out of Tonopah north of Las Vegas. Each Rivet Haste crew were paired up to stay together through training to deployment for combat- this allowed the pilot and his WSO to develop their own system of coordination in the cockpit and carry that to combat. Six pilots and six WSOs were in each Rivet Haste group and each pilot/WSO would fly at least three missions against the MiGs at Tonopah. Each month, a new group of six pilots and six WSOs were assigned to Rivet Haste. Crews assigned to Rivet Haste saw it as a quantum leap in air combat training that the USAF had never had before. Unfortunately they arrived in Vietnam to late to score any air-to air-kills and only flew a handful of Linebacker II missions before the end of the war.
Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 06/19/2016 Category F-4
View File F-16E/F Block 60 REDUX
F-16E and E Block 60 Desert Falcon's redone!
I uploaded a older E/F pack that was pretty awful to be honest here is a much better redo!
Made using the Block 50/52 models now to make it look better in general as well as some updates to the skin!
Built using the Greek and Turkish F-16's as a base so if you have those the E/F should work just fine! You should already have all the weapons and sounds from earlier F-16 packs! Happy Hunting in the Gulf!
Thank you to the Viper Team and everyone else who has worked on the SF2 vipers or this would never have been possible!
Submitter Spudknocker Submitted 03/29/2016 Category F-16
View File Sea Harrier FRS.2 AMRAAM station update/ correction
Sea Harrier FRS.2 Aim-120 AMRAAM fuselage station update/ correction.
This is an update to the Sea Harrier FRS.2 for SF2 V1.1 that replaces and corrects the fuselage Aim-120 weapon pylons and positioning.
Simply place in your mods folder and OVERRIDE when prompted.
The pylon is set up as a weapons station the same before but it is used 4 times instead of 2 to get the right length.
You must have the Sea Harrier FRS.2 for SF2 V1.1
Credits for the SF2 Shar FA.2:
Wrench - also for the 'new' weapons pylon.
Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 02/21/2016 Category Harrier